Baja Designs - NEW Laser Lighting! Ultimate Long Range Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
^^^^

He’s right. XL80s dump a ton of light in front of you. It’s no joke. I have 6x squadron pros +S8 behind the grille. I can light all of them up in urban/suburban settings absent traffic. XL80’s make that problematic. The blowback from street sign reflection will have you seeing spots. You do get usable light that throws a LONG way.

I’m sure that lasers have a place ( on gators... in my moat ) in the lighting strategy, but XL80 spots rock. There’s zip by way of ‘wash’ from the hood. You see the hood is there, that’s about it. These wouldn’t be my only auxiliary lights, bang for the buck, squadron pro wide corners are really great, but together? It’s like peanut butter and jelly.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Don't forget Baja Designs has a HUGE following in the "Baja" world, thus the name. So the guys who are racing in Baja at night use the Lasers as supplementary lighting

Lasers + spots + driving/combos and they just light everything up wherever they are.

Reflections off street signs is not really a concern to someone who's getting XL80s or Lasers, as they need that light.

But 99.99% of us Raptor owners don't do anything close to what these trucks can do with the lighting we have. It's mostly for looks :)

smurfslayer

Reaction score
As my neighbor is fond of saying... “Cajun logic: If a little is good, a lot is more better”.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score

Reflections off street signs is not really a concern to someone who's getting XL80s or Lasers, as they need that light.

But 99.99% of us Raptor owners don't do anything close to what these trucks can do with the lighting we have. It's mostly for looks :)

LOL Yeah I HATE the few road signs along my "track" of (relatively) high-speed back-roads. However, the roads are mostly tree-lined such that when I hit the switch(es) for the full compliment of BD light (front and rear), it's brighter than daylight, so you can see EVERYTHING.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
LOL Yeah I HATE the few road signs along my "track" of (relatively) high-speed back-roads. However, the roads are mostly tree-lined such that when I hit the switch(es) for the full compliment of BD light (front and rear), it's brighter than daylight, so you can see EVERYTHING.

Have you gone to some B/D lighting for any bikes? I’ve been thinking to myself that there’s got to be a good way to get some B/D aux lighting into my biking life.