Baja Designs - NEW Laser Lighting! Ultimate Long Range Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to be trying out a windshield lightbar mount that does not require drilling into the exterior of the truck. ( the mounts are hidden ) If it works, I'm certain the vendor will happily sell brackets.

It should go on within the next few weeks with some dirt testing at the end of August.

we'll be putting a BD 60" arc bar on the upper windshield.

I think your best bet would be one of the m-racks and then make a custom bracket to put lp6s up there.

I wanna see it.

OP
OP
Baja Designs

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Baja Designs 10" Hybrid Laser Light - On Board Racing With Branden Sims!

VIDEO:

Above is an onboard, uncut view of Branden Sims ripping across Laughlin Desert Classic UTV Night Race equipped with our 10" Hybrid Laser Light! Our Hybrid Laser Light is capable of projecting light 350% further than the most advanced LEDs on the market today.

Check out all of the Baja Designs Laser Lights below!
Baja Designs | Laser Lighting

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any plans to offer a hybrid of the XL Racer Edition and the XL Laser? Something that has 2 lasers and 2 long distance LEDs in an XL light pod?

I find the racer editions paired with my 20" Onx6 hi output don't help a whole lot because the Onx6 has the same long disntance LEDs as the racer editions. But the higher position of the racer editions on the A pillar is a great position for even longer reaching light. But is the 1.5 degree pattern of the lasers a bit too tight? A hybrid XL racer edition/laser seems like it would blend the distance of the laser with a wider pattern of the LED for some nice coverage for distance applications.

Also I just want to comment: the laser is intriguing, but not intriguing enough at $1k per light (ouch). And I'm saying this as a person who hasn't been deterred by BD's pricing before because they make quality stuff. But hopefully the prices come down on these at some point and I'd give them a try.

BSP10

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread. What is everyone’s thoughts on Pillar lights. Standard XL80s vs XL laser? Or even the S1 laser on the pillar? Or something different?

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Slow6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XL80 with spot lenses. That's my personal preference. Lasers are WAY to small a pattern, they don't throw light around, just very pencil thin and direct. XL80s with spots is where my $$ is

You can't buy them like that, but we offer Spot lenses with our XL80 kits on request (just throw it in the order comments)

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-xl80-a-pillar-lighting-kit/
Did you ever do a video or photos comparing the XL80 spot and a laser in the a pillar position so people could see?

XL80 on one side and a laser on the other with only one on at a time so we could see how much wash there is in the hood from one or the other.

I’ve wondered about it for a while. Haven’t been able to get time off and order lights to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk