Baer Brake kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mike.s

mike.s

Reaction score
I noticed my breaking performance seemed a little better today. I had about 200 pounds in the bed. Is it my imagination or does extra weight in the bed improve breaking?

Also, despite what apparently happened to some other guys, I have not had major issues with these brakes and I have driven the truck pretty hard.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont know if maybe the extra weight caused the brakes to get hotter and there for work better. I assume they work better when they are warm from what i have read

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed my breaking performance seemed a little better today. I had about 200 pounds in the bed. Is it my imagination or does extra weight in the bed improve breaking? Also, despite what apparently happened to some other guys, I have not had major issues with these brakes and I have driven the truck pretty hard.

I think the way you guys have to drive in the west and what we deal with in the east is two different things. We don't have the long runs we have a lot tighter trails with a lot of hard braking and tight turns so o think this areas put more stress on the braking system and I don't believe the Baer system can handle it. I wish it was a better setup I would love to have a better then stock braking system but they have bugs to work out. Guess we will see what happens.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Brenda is it not true that every truck that had the RPG brake system on it failed at havoc less then one month ago? Or was that the ohio air? Was it not developed for use in the woods only desert use. Come on now guys there's a real problem with this kit just admit it.

Well I'm optimist mine will work well. Haven't been home to try them out yet. What exactly "failed" as in the ones at Havoc for example? Anything to keep as a spare? Hard for ppl to put down something without specifics of the problems. The rear wearing more than front isn't necessarily a problem imo... Kinda odd but not serious.

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fluid boiled and was black and ruined after it was only a week old. Also the pads where a issue but I'm not sure exactly what happened there. I know they replaced a set. There's brakes where designed for a corvette not a 7000 pus pound truck that at times is going as fast as a corvette. I personally have never ran Baer brakes I can only comment on stop tech and brembo are bears true quality high performance brakes. Are they meant to go racing or are they show up to the mall and look cool brakes I'm not very impressed so far. For them to truly perform off-road shouldn't there be some type of adjustment for changing the bias I'm not a pro but I'm wondering I know I'm locking up my fronts in the dirt with pads and rotors now. Dan I'm glad to see your a optimist but I would wait a bit so your not a optimist from a hospital bed wondering and hoping when you will feel better. Brakes are nothing to mess with I just would like to caution people to let them work the bugs out. Again I love the idea of a better braking system for our trucks but let them have some more time to work the bugs out so nobody gets hurt. It's not a nice feeling doing high rates of speed coming into a corner and the stop pedal doesn't work it's happened to me at Watkins glen at over 150mph. So be careful guys.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^Appreciate the details. I already have mine installed just haven't tried them out yet. I carry spare fluid so that's taken care of. I'll make sure to stick some spare pads in with the large list of things on hand. Hopefully it was just that one time situation. Do many others have similar stories? What were the remedies?

Fluid boiled and was black and ruined after it was only a week old. Also the pads where a issue but I'm not sure exactly what happened there. I know they replaced a set. There's brakes where designed for a corvette not a 7000 pus pound truck that at times is going as fast as a corvette. I personally have never ran Baer brakes I can only comment on stop tech and brembo are bears true quality high performance brakes. Are they meant to go racing or are they show up to the mall and look cool brakes I'm not very impressed so far. For them to truly perform off-road shouldn't there be some type of adjustment for changing the bias I'm not a pro but I'm wondering I know I'm locking up my fronts in the dirt with pads and rotors now. Dan I'm glad to see your a optimist but I would wait a bit so your not a optimist from a hospital bed wondering and hoping when you will feel better. Brakes are nothing to mess with I just would like to caution people to let them work the bugs out. Again I love the idea of a better braking system for our trucks but let them have some more time to work the bugs out so nobody gets hurt. It's not a nice feeling doing high rates of speed coming into a corner and the stop pedal doesn't work it's happened to me at Watkins glen at over 150mph. So be careful guys.

Brembo makes brakes for our application. Just curious do those have the adjustments you mentioned? Not that it really makes a difference for me. I wouldn't run the 20s necessary the stick those on.

D

Deleted member 12951

I've said some negative shit here on the forum about a product or vendor before so I am no angel but I at least have the respect to bash a product outside of a supporting vendors PAID section. Just doesn't seem right.

Perhaps this should be taken to another thread in the more general area. I am no mod here nor probably will ever be but I think we need to do so out of respect for the vendor who is paying to have their own section.

I agree, brakes are extremely important and the last thing anyone would want to fail so I am not saying it isn't worth talking about, just somewhere else.

And Joe, I mean no disrespect to you, I know you are trying to help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've said some negative shit here on the forum about a product or vendor before so I am no angel but I at least have the respect to bash a product outside of a supporting vendors PAID section. Just doesn't seem right.

Perhaps this should be taken to another thread in the more general area. I am no mod here nor probably will ever be but I think we need to do so out of respect for the vendor who is paying to have their own section.

I agree, brakes are extremely important and the last thing anyone would want to fail so I am not saying it isn't worth talking about, just somewhere else.

I second this. Wog and RPG are great groups of folks and I trust their products. After trying to bend the truck in half awhile back the rear frame was protected by RPGs bumpstops. Doubt any problems anyone had couldn't be fixed, so if whom ever would like to elaborate on how they remedied any problems encountered please let me know. You can PM me if you want or let me know where the conversation continued at. I'll try to give a review once I try mine out, as always optimistic.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I myself enjoy this read and don't see it as any bashing for either WOG or RPG, I see it as a caution against using Baer 6 piston front brakes on a raptor, you can buy these kits from other companies than the ones mentioned. Maybe it should be moved but hopefully some real data or pictures of the failures would be nice too.