Baer Brake kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Another problem with your brakes could be that you went with 6 piston kits, I wanted that for my Stang, but was told not to, but to go with 4 piston ones, the reason I was told is because you don't make enough vacuum to operate them properly. This is 2nd hand advice so don't chew me out, it just seemed to make sense.

Curious, did you go with 6 piston on all 4 corners or just upgrade the fronts only?

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's not a significant improvement. At least not on my truck.

I'm glad I read this because I haven't installed the break lines I bought from Ironman's group buy yet because I was planning on getting this kit and installing them all at once. Now it seems like it's not worth the price tag if you don't see a significant increase in brake performance. I think I'm just going to go with the R1 kit from Chris at Freedom now. Thanks.

OP
OP
mike.s

mike.s

Reaction score
Guys, before this gets out of hand, I'd like to clarify a couple things. I just spoke to WOG and they explained to me that due to the performance nature of these brakes they work better when they are warmed up good. So if you are driving on a track or out in the dirt and are braking a lot, where the pads can get hot, that is where you are going to see the benefit.

But if you are cruising on the freeway and need to slam on the brakes, it's not going to be much better than stock. Also, I may have an issue with brake lines, and or brake balance, I'm not sure. WOG is going to help me figure it out.

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I was going to say multi Pistons brakes like this do not drastically change your stopping distance, but what they do is drastically reduce fade which in track use or heavy offroad use is a big thing.

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mike I would tell you to be careful with that brake system it has not been fully tested and all the bugs are not worked out. I have seen three different trucks at my own place fail in the same weekend when being pushed so please be careful with the Baer kit RPG never fully tested the kit and you should take it easy or return to stock ford knows what there doing.

Brendo310

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mike I would tell you to be careful with that brake system it has not been fully tested and all the bugs are not worked out. I have seen three different trucks at my own place fail in the same weekend when being pushed so please be careful with the Baer kit RPG never fully tested the kit and you should take it easy or return to stock ford knows what there doing.

I'm sorry but that's just not true...

This kit has been on the market for over a year and was developed and tested with Baer. Baer is a major company with a lot to loose, i.e. A wrongful death, dismemberment or bodily injury/property damage suit. A company of this size would not assume the risk and liabilities associated with releasing a non-tested kit.

At the end of the day it's Baer's name on the kit, so Baer assumes all liability, which they would not risk on a whim.

Last edited:

hagak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plus it is not like multi-Piston brakes are a complicated thing to build. Ford has no magic understanding how to bring 6200 pounds to a stop.

Scrap man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Brenda is it not true that every truck that had the RPG brake system on it failed at havoc less then one month ago? Or was that the ohio air? Was it not developed for use in the woods only desert use. Come on now guys there's a real problem with this kit just admit it.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Already did that. That made a minor difference.

The only thing that I can think of that may be hindering my braking performance is that my rear pads are wearing out faster than my fronts, which makes me think the rears are doing more of the braking than the front. That is opposite of what I would think should happen. Seems like the fronts should be doing more of the work.

I talked to my brake guy yesterday, and he said that the proportioning valve on a lot of trucks are set that way because a lot of rotors used to get cracked when their was more brake pressure going to the front.

I wore the rear pads out on my truck before the fronts. It is becoming more and more common on vehicles. It is a change in nature and break proportioning over time from the OEMs. Also keep in mind, that the traction control, stability control, and sway control are going to be applying the rear breaks more often then in previous year vehicles. When you spin the tires, the truck is going to start applying rear brake to control and slow the rotation, and even with TC turned all the way off, stabilitrac still remains engaged and will apply small amounts of brake without you really noticing.

In general, I am seeing more and more vehicles showing an increase in rear brake wear.

Last edited:

ajstar89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya idk how you haven't got an improvement. I did the group buy from ironman and put the lines on last week with new slotted rotors and just green ebc pads. I saw a huge difference with that setup. If you replaced your Calibers, pads, and rotors and still didn't get much of a difference I would say you have one of two problems. 1) you installed your brakes incorrectly. Check our lines for leaks and air. 2) you don't drive you truck hard enough to take advantage of the brakes.

Remember these brake kits perform better at higher temperatures than the stock do, they will be about the same at average temps. You might be supercharged but odds are we drive the same speeds daily, you just get to that speed faster, therefore we stop with the same force and heat generation. (Assuming truck weight is about the same)

You wouldn't notice a difference in a locking dif if you never took the truck off road. High quality brakes are designed for high temp usage not just your daily driving. Give them time brother, you notice as you hit the trails that those brakes are worth it!