Bad Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ackull

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else has had a battery go bad on them. My battery failed this past weekend on my 22 Raptor. Only had the truck since late July. I was unable to jump the truck and the battery wouldn't take a charge from a battery charger. Checked the voltage and it was less than 6 volts implying one of the cells failed.

The dealership wanted to have me tow the vehicle in to change the battery. I said no way and offered to pull the battery on my own. Got it replaced under warranty.

WestlakeHorn

Reaction score
I have a '22 Raptor that has had the battery discharge on me on both 12/22 and last night -- for no reason that I can explain (other than maybe it sat in a parking lot in Dearborn for 10 weeks waiting on microchips). I've been driving it -- at least daily and usually 30-50 miles each day.

Mine isn't dead (yet), but it is obviously struggling for some reason.

OP
OP
A

ackull

Reaction score
I have a '22 Raptor that has had the battery discharge on me on both 12/22 and last night -- for no reason that I can explain (other than maybe it sat in a parking lot in Dearborn for 10 weeks waiting on microchips). I've been driving it -- at least daily and usually 30-50 miles each day.

Mine isn't dead (yet), but it is obviously struggling for some reason.
Were you able to jump start it? Mine wouldn't jump start. Finally, I checked the voltage with a DVM and saw that it was really low.

MORaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '22 somehow drained the battery in the garage overnight a couple of months (3,000 miles on it) after I bought it. When I opened the door, not even the inside lights would come on. I was able to jump it, took it to the dealer and they said everything checked out. No battery issues since.. I have noticed from time to time after I get out of the truck a humming noise coming from the back of the truck - I usually lock the doors and it stops. The night it drained, I heard something in the garage when i went out there late, i assumed it was one of my battery drills in the bed and figured I'd changed it out in the morning. instead, dead battery in the morning.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"

Check this post for ongoing battery drain on my '22 received in June 2022. Hasn't failed, but definitely something is going on.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the "low battery, sleep mode" warning a couple months ago after the truck sat for 3 weeks straight.

I took my keys, which were on the other side of the wall away from the truck, and moved them to the other side of my house, and I've never had a problem again.

I think the courtesy lights keep popping on when the keys are that close or the truck is initializing with them that close. So once, its further away, the drain stopped.