Backflip MX4 Seal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Qbngringo

Reaction score
I have that also in the exact same spot and my MX4 is less than a month old. I was thinking about buying a flexible rubber glue for it but I am disappointed a new tonneau as expensive as this already looks like that. Please keep me posted on anything you find out.

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same thing on mine. I think it’s an alignment issue with the cover. After aligned pull the strip or workout the strip until it’s flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What Tom said is correct. Usually, it’s an alignment issue. If you can’t get it corrected after trying to adjust it, reach out to Bak and contact their warranty department. They’re very understanding about the fixes on these.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine has done this pretty much since day 1. Thought it was normal. Tried to adjust it a bit to no avail, but I'll admit I wasn't forcing it much.

Notty

Reaction score
I had the exact same issue on mine from day one on both sides of my MX4. Instead of dealing with warranty and waiting for parts or replacement, I used double sided Gorilla Tape and haven't had an issue with it popping up in over 2 months.

OP
OP
F

Freeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same thing on mine. I think it’s an alignment issue with the cover. After aligned pull the strip or workout the strip until it’s flat.
When pulling back on the cover from the back of the truck it was kind of flattening out but when closing the tailgate it pushes forward again. I was able to bring it forward a bit on the front mount and it's now a bit better but still have that kink.

I had the exact same issue on mine from day one on both sides of my MX4. Instead of dealing with warranty and waiting for parts or replacement, I used double sided Gorilla Tape and haven't had an issue with it popping up in over 2 months.
I think you might have the right idea. I will try this.

Realpatmurphy

Reaction score
I just did this and it works fine.

I originally I tried pulling the back of it (tailgate side) to align which works temporarily, but then the kink comes back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk