Back lit SVT - there's a small problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After putting the EL tape behind the SVT Logo on the side vents they looked great. The only thing is one went out. Looked at it this morning and what has happened is: there’s a tab to stabilize the front of the plastic vent. that tab chewed a hole in the tape that you can see in the picture below. I'm gonna get another piece of EL tape and just either trim the tab or add a heavy piece of electrical tape to pad this area and carry on. Just letting ya know.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I haven't done this yet but it is on the list!

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks great so far!

Please do a complete write-up so the rest of us know what you bought, where you purchased it (and for how much) and just what you did to install it.

Thanks!

attachment.php

Hey Tim, here's a couple of tasty breasts for you!

Chicken_Breats.jpg

DJ BFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question??????

Is there a way to get red back lit SVT or does that tape only come in white? Or is there any way to make it not white?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I've read the tape is available in different colors (except black :mrgreen: ).

We need someone to post the source(s) of the tape and the installation instructions and pics including how to remove the vent covers, install the tape and do the electrical hookups (which is always my concern since I'm electrically challenged).