Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Sounds like cam phasers

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Put a Rough Country lift on it

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 22s or ****

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Braaaaptor

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
First oil change complete! The goal was to not get oil all over the skid plates so I removed a few of them to make things easier. Went well until I didn't realize the oil filter would drop down the backside not front side so I lost a bit of oil before I could get the drip pan underneath. Having the Fumoto installed will definitely make it less of a pain the next time.

20200609_152934.jpg

Last edited:

KenU

Reaction score
I’d do the oil change at 5k miles. Keep an eye on the oil level - every 1k mikes.

My ‘19 has a little over 1,000 miles - don’t drive it much, and oil life says 5% left. Dealer says don’t need an oil change until 5,000 miles. “Just reset the monitor.”

Doesn’t sound right...

KenU

Reaction score
Nevermind, just spoke to another dealer who said the 5% is indicating it’s getting close to needing an oil change. I’ve owned it for over a year and the service tech said 6 months/5,000 miles. Headed up there soon...

Interesting the difference in recommendations form 2 different dealerships.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First oil change complete! The goal was to not get oil all over the skid plates so I removed a few of them to make things easier. Went well until I didn't realize the oil filter would drop down the backside not front side so I lost a bit of oil before I could get the drip pan underneath. Having the Fumoto installed will definitely make it less of a pain the next time.

View attachment 145362

Looks like you got the short nipple version, it's going to be difficult to get a hose on it and stay on.

This works really well to get the oil filter off.

Check this out at Amazon.com TEKTON 5866 12-Inch Oil Filter Pliers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NPR33O/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

View attachment 145264

i installed the Fumoto valve and did not like it. The hose didn't stay on that well and it drained really slow. I started taking the whole skid plate off and I'm tired of doing that. I just bought a different funnel and one of these to try next oil change when I just remove the smaller access panel.

View attachment 145265

You must have had the short nipple version and you need to remove the oil cap when draining to avoid the vacuum effect which is why it came out so slowly.

This is the size nipple you want.

IMG_0294.jpg

OP
OP
Braaaaptor

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the SX you can rotate the nozzle 360° so no need for a hose. Looking at it on the truck I don't think there'll be any clearance issues or at least none that a funnel can't assist with.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would go with The Fumoto SX Series as you can clock the spout to whatever position you need:

That's cool, I wasn't familiar with that version. I like the hose version as I funnel it directly into an oil drain pan.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I attach a hose to mine also:

img-1076-crop1-jpg.124273

img-1078-crop2-jpg.124274

That's cool, I wasn't familiar with that version. I like the hose version as I funnel it directly into an oil drain pan.

Last edited:

Raptor50

Reaction score
thanks to everyone for the great info, much appreciated. is the Amsoil really worth the extra cost over Mobil 1? my '20 is about ready for its first oil change