B&M Trans dipstick and larger pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1RD

Reaction score
Is this a worthy mod, I plan on towing a small travel trailer (22 foot 4500lbs) I am going to do the Super Duty trans cooler upgrade, I am due for a trans service anyway so thought I would kill two birds or in this case 4 with one go, tia gents!
bmm-22173_qa_xl.jpg
T543841?wid=810&hei=608&op_usm=0.jpg

Zeke555

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just did all of those this year. Truck was at 100,000km so I went with the upgrades at the same time. Also did Granatelli wires too. Got the Saudi cooler through another members and I got the wires, B&M oil pan and B&M transmission dip stick (as well as a fire sleeve) through @Rick@FreedomMotorsports. I do not tow at all but figured it was worth the money to upgrade. Temperatures have dropped about 6C when out on highway. Have not had a chance to try it playing off road yet unfortunately.

Riddick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did all of those this year. Truck was at 100,000km so I went with the upgrades at the same time. Also did Granatelli wires too. Got the Saudi cooler through another members and I got the wires, B&M oil pan and B&M transmission dip stick (as well as a fire sleeve) through @Rick@FreedomMotorsports. I do not tow at all but figured it was worth the money to upgrade. Temperatures have dropped about 6C when out on highway. Have not had a chance to try it playing off road yet unfortunately.

I did the exact same thing this year(with a different brand pan). @Rick@FreedomMotorsports is awesome and will get you hooked up with the best prices. One thing I will add, I’ve noticed the oil cools down much faster when stopping for a break after towing at highway speeds.

Vader

Reaction score
I run the AFE pan. If comes down to just above the exhaust and crossmember. (See Photo)
Trans does run cooler when pulling my RV and boat.
But a couple of things you will want to know about this pan. (Hope B&M is better)

1. it leaks . My leaked, Weeped, at 3 of the name plate bolts. Fixed with Blue lock-tight and RTV.

2. The extension for picking up fluid in the deeper pan does not work on the new Ford filters.
It Looks like Ford changed the way the filter is manufactured. I have not tried an aftermarket filter.

121DFE7F-3478-4903-AA5F-7BC6C6D41B42.jpeg

A574BE67-A74B-4C77-9761-25A41E8E9FA7.jpeg

53E2CAF2-C362-4D96-8DD1-C06DB438F194.jpeg

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting yours leaked there. My pan didn't, and I didn't have to do anything with those bolts. Good thing to check on a new install though, see if those holes go through and use thread sealer or loctite to seal them up if they do.

I've scraped my trans cross member and never touched the pan. I feel like if you get a rock up in there to hit the pan, you're doing some rock crawling that the raptor probably shouldn't be do doing.

I also see you did a similar safety wire job to me to make sure the push in dip stick stays in place. :cheers:

Vader

Reaction score
Safety Wire Rocks!. It never came out but a couple of times it had pulled up. no issues now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter