B&M Trans dipstick and larger pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Transferred over the marks from the existing dipstick to the new one. Did it with a file, freehand, so ignore the fact that the marks aren’t perfect.

Based on my research, the trans might be a little low on fluid. I am going to do a final check this evening and add some fluid if needed.

BE8C777F-D963-497A-8477-9E6FD30F60DC.jpeg 514C9AE8-342E-4A82-AFF0-C838FAA318A0.jpeg

Augster

Reaction score
Transferred over the marks from the existing dipstick to the new one. Did it with a file, freehand, so ignore the fact that the marks aren’t perfect.

Let me know how well the oil "reading" is (photos would help too) so I can compare to how my smooth-stick reading reads...

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I have spent some time checking and re-checking the fluid level. I have noticed a few things:

The Low Viscosity fluid runs on the dipstick rather quickly.

The color does not make it easy to read.

I was able to get repeatable marks and then all of the sudden I can’t find it.

I’m going to take a break from it as it has gotten a bit irritating.

I’m thinking about cutting some slots in it to allow the fluid to fall into them further and perhaps it will stick better.

Augster

Reaction score
Yep, those are the experiences I'm having too; all frustrating.

Hmm... I wonder if painting the tip white (after proper cleaning and degreasing of course), may assist in reading, after notching...

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, those are the experiences I'm having too; all frustrating.

Hmm... I wonder if painting the tip white (after proper cleaning and degreasing of course), may assist in reading, after notching...

My wife said the same thing earlier. The black tip and the fluid are too close to the same to see. Im going to do some more research and go from there. I’ll report back what I find.

I, for the most part, get one of two readings and I’m not sure if it is the angle that the top goes in or what.

Also tried laying the top on a paper towel to see where the fluid level is, and sometimes it tells me exactly what I thought it would and other times not so much..........

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I am at current back with the stock dipstick. Going to double check my fluid level with the factory dipstick prior to weekend trip.

Im not ready to give up on this, but it is frustrating to say the least.

Augster

Reaction score
It's a purty looking dipstick; too bad in its current incarnation it's more form over function. But I hope we can devise a way to make it work the way it's supposed...

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I might have slightly overfilled it lol. I’ll check again tomorrow, but I am spent right now.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Reading this as I've been mulling the B&M dipstick. I'm not liking what I'm hearing - especially for the very high price tag. The only motivation for me would be to EASILY check the tranny level, and what I'm hearing is that it's not easy. My stock dipstick is now easier to not fry myself on since my exhaust system has the cat elsewhere and there is less burny burny. For $200+ I want something that works - I don't expect to be modifying it. After install it should work and be easy to read. Leaning towards a no at this point. Also having to safety wire it in is a real turn off. I thought it was all threaded down there. The video I watched and other product pictures show an adapter ******** into the transmission port and then the braded hose ******** into that adapter - no push in o-ring thing, did something change?
https://www.jegs.com/i/B&M/130/2220...bs60Sx0n17Gx3_JGVJApWS6Ab4IXkwnIaAjUYEALw_wcB

Separate question about the AFE pan. Has anyone figured out what filter to get that actually works with the AFE pickup extension? How are ya'll changing the filter?