Avoiding theft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pikser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
allow me to beat the government mule just a bit more in honor of this thread.

Antitheft measures? Who needs em. You want my truck? Take it. That's what insurance is for. I'm always happy to get a new one.
Insurance is good but it can take forever to get paid.

When my Porsche was stolen, called the police.
Report taken over the phone.
Called insurance company
First question. Does your wife have it. No she is stand here with my more upset than me.
Was it repossessed ? No I paid cash and have the title.
Did you lend it to someone. No !
Was it towed or driven away. I have no idea. We were in the restaurant.
So you have no idea where it is? No!
This went on for about 10 minutes and was finally given a claim number.
Took 5 months to get paid.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Called insurance company
First question. Does your wife have it. No she is stand here with my more upset than me.
That's more of an insurance issue. Some pay right away and some drag it out.

If It get's stolen, I'll just go back to a F250 and not lose a min of sleep over it.

Let them take it for all I care.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for auto security experts in Houston? Just found the ravelco thread and pretty disappointed. Guess that’s 800$ down the drain
i dont know anybody in houston. but maybe the haro guys will know. i travel to do installs and tuning..... travel for an alarm install will be a first, hahaha

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Called insurance company
Mind naming the insurance company? I’m with GEICO over 40 years. Never had a car stolen but for any other claim they’ve been excellent.

As an aside, one of the local volunteer fire department buildings by me had a fire. Extensive damage. Took over 2 years for them to be paid. Yes they had issues of their own making but that’s absurd. But par for the course. Big investigative article in paper last week about a little known company that helps medical insurers pay way less if a claim and they both reap huge windfalls from that s l e a z y practice.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mind naming the insurance company? I’m with GEICO over 40 years. Never had a car stolen but for any other claim they’ve been excellent.

As an aside, one of the local volunteer fire department buildings by me had a fire. Extensive damage. Took over 2 years for them to be paid. Yes they had issues of their own making but that’s absurd. But par for the course. Big investigative article in paper last week about a little known company that helps medical insurers pay way less if a claim and they both reap huge windfalls from that s l e a z y practice.
I have GIECO as well and when I had a car stolen, I was paid in a week included my verified upgrades.

Bracamonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Called insurance company

Get Allstate.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The guy that did the Ravelco defeat video is an absolute Richard. Giving thieves ammunition to steal chit is pretty dooshy.
The ravelco can be wired to multiple different components in the vehicle. This guy is just showing a video of the locations he already knew about. Any theft device can really be beat including using a flatbed truck. The best bang for the buck I feel was the Ravelco.

Hoonasaurus

Reaction score
Had an Inglis immobilizer installed, have to enter specific series of steering wheel buttons before car can put into gear, love it. We have an epidemic here in Ontario with vehicle thefts, especially trucks. Stolen, out in crate and shipped over seas via Montreal ports.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Fuse panel?
I'm sure that could also be done, though probably just not as convenient as a giant plug. Yeah, just rip out a few fuses is likely better than an alarm system, but I don't worry about it. If I was to park someplace I didn't trust for a long long period of time, yeah I might rip out s fuse or two - but I mean I can't ever think of a situation in which I'd have to do that. Anything can happen at any time, so who knows.

Was just a super simple way on the Gen1 to do it.