Avoid Factory OEM Cam Alignment Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys:
I am posting this thread just to let you guys know my experience with the Ford Factory Cam Kits. As of now I believe they are garbage, they slip back and forth from regular daily driving (just Imagine when Off-roading) and the piece of cxxx of holding Pin that comes with its junk it unfolds itself and breaks off.
If you have had experience with them before please advice. ASAP on how to fix my scratch frame, Or if no problem let me know.
neqenajy.jpg

By the way on both my front wheels the alignment has moved, the right front camber is way out of its supposed to go. I can even visually see it tilted.
Looking for new 8 grade LCAs Bolts tomorrow, after finding them (if I am lucky enough) directly into an alignment rack. Will try to fix the scratches created by the freaking things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking it might've just been improperly torqued during reassembly, the torque that's supposed to be on those bolts is ridiculous

OP
OP
jcl48

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking it might've just been improperly torqued during reassembly, the torque that's supposed to be on those bolts is ridiculous

Yes thats what I am thinking, but according to the Ford Dealer mechanic that did the alignment it was torque down to 260 Ft. Lbs.

Jarrett H

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't very uncommon to throw a small tac to keep them from spinning.

OP
OP
jcl48

jcl48

Full Access Member
Reaction score
User error... They should not move. Take it to another shop and have it done correctly.

Definitely taking it to another shop. I just purchase the ones that SDHQ Sells "Specialty Products" will keep posted on how they perform.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The scratches are just on the frame and I wouldn't be too worried. If you're concerned, clean up the area and shoot some black rustoleum on them to help with rust prevention. With where I live, I probably wouldn't even worry about it but if you live in the great white north with a lot of salt on the roads, it might be something you should do.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys:
I am posting this thread just to let you guys know my experience with the Ford Factory Cam Kits. As of now I believe they are garbage, they slip back and forth from regular daily driving (just Imagine when Off-roading) and the piece of cxxx of holding Pin that comes with its junk it unfolds itself and breaks off.
If you have had experience with them before please advice. ASAP on how to fix my scratch frame, Or if no problem let me know.
neqenajy.jpg

By the way on both my front wheels the alignment has moved, the right front camber is way out of its supposed to go. I can even visually see it tilted.
Looking for new 8 grade LCAs Bolts tomorrow, after finding them (if I am lucky enough) directly into an alignment rack. Will try to fix the scratches created by the freaking things.

In the picture it appears that there is no tang that is going into that hole in the frame. That's for holding the piece down to the frame and allows the cam washer to move and adjust the control arm for camber. That's why the thing was moving around on the frame scratching it. Those factory ones look like crap in the first place. If you go with aftermarket control arms etc. you will also need more adjustment like a 2 degree cam washer to get the right adjustments. The one degree cam washers are not enough sometimes. I'd get a new set if you really need them. Remember that these things are only for the benefit of the tech that is adjusting the alignment. The truck does not come with these stock. The alignment can be adjusted without adjusters on it. Hence no scratches.
Mil T