Automatic Tailgate lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubleeaz

Reaction score
This past weekend installed the pop n lock in my 2014 Screw. I had a grommet on drivers side, towards the back of the passenger door. You need to pull up the wiring harness to see it. Just poked a hole and passed the wires through it. Then applied some caulk for extra precaution.

I ran the wires to the harness along the channel by the driver and connected it to grey/brown and blue/green. Works perfectly.

I did not put a washer between the bracket and the tailgate. I tightened everything down and the key locks/unlocks smoothly so didn't think that I need one. Do I need to install the washer?

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Two years ago PopandLock said they would correct the next batch, don't know if that happen.
The other problem is the ones on Amazon are knock offs and will have no warranty if you buy them there.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Two years ago PopandLock said they would correct the next batch, don't know if that happen.
The other problem is the ones on Amazon are knock offs and will have no warranty if you buy them there.

Well... that could be interesting. That's where I got mine. What's the telling factor to determine that it is a knock -off?

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you go to PopandLock's website you'll see their statement.

I don't think anybody has had a problem with the one from Amazon so far.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

They have changed the wording since last I looked three years ago:

Please note that Pop & Lock™ Products purchased on auction sites such as Ebay, Amazon and Craig's List, etc. will not be covered under factory warranty under any circumstances. Pop & Lock™ LLC (and Pop & Lock™ Corporation) is unable to verify whether products sold through auction sites are new, used, or refurbished, therefore, Pop & Lock LLC (and Pop & Lock™ Corporation) is unable to warranty such purchases. Pop & Lock LLC advises using extreme caution when purchasing our locks through auction sites as you'll be doing so at your own risk.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

When I get home on to a PC I'll add this to the first post.

I did talk about about it somewhere in the thread but this thread has become quite large.

Last edited:

Road Kill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine through Amazon with no issues so far. The only thing I would be leery of is the seller on Amazon. As long as it's sold by Amazon.com as the seller or is cover by Amazon Prime I think you're cover through Amazon either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pop-n-Lock is probably referring to Amazon.com Marketplace sellers which are individuals or companies simply using Amazon to list their products. You're probably fine as long as the item listing says sold by and shipped from Amazon before adding to your cart. Also, just because an item is eligible for Prime, doesn't mean that Amazon sells it. It only means that the vendor signed an agreement to ship their products to an Amazon distribution warehouse instead of shipping direct to the customer. You want to make sure the item is sold by AND shipped from Amazon to be sure. Otherwise, you're at the whim of the vendor if you get a knockoff and/or something that doesn't match the product listing details at all.

Last edited:

Ftera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I assume you used the driver side to tie into? To point out, Since the colors of the wires are not consistent though out the whole Pop & Lock wire harness, it's not as important how you put the wires together for the run to the truck wires in the cab. You can simply switch the wires around. Only thing really important are the truck's wire colors.
Yes I wired via driver side