Automatic Tailgate lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

permag

Reaction score
No Grommets on my '14. Do you have grommets on previous years? I noticed multiple holes under the passenger floor, covered with a piece of tape from the inside, and was blown away that they did nothing more to protect the cabin. Now I want to go back and check the entire area under the cab to see if there are more unprotected holes. It was exactly like what was shown in a Pop&Lock install video on a 2006 F150. See screencap below.

EDIT: Just realized you came up through a grommet under the sill. I came up under the carpet per the attached image and as was described in the video. I like your solution better, and will re-route my wires. Still odd that there's only a piece of tape, about the thickness of masking tape keeping water out of our cabs.

Are you saying your missing the grommets?

I did suggest that you make a slit in the center of the grommet and pass only the wires through not the wires and the loom.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-02-23 at 8.33.44 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-02-23 at 8.33.44 AM.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No Grommets on my '14. Do you have grommets on previous years? I noticed multiple holes under the passenger floor, covered with a piece of tape from the inside, and was blown away that they did nothing more to protect the cabin. Now I want to go back and check the entire area under the cab to see if there are more unprotected holes. It was exactly like what was shown in a Pop&Lock install video on a 2006 F150. See screencap below.

Wow, I never lifted the carpet like that, now I have go under my truck and see if I have these holes and if a piece of tape is covering them.

Big thanks for pointed that out.

The rubber grommets I'm talking about are the ones that run along rocker panel only!
There should three for Scab and four for the Screw on each side.

Last edited:

Road Kill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thread OP... Just rewired my Pop & Lock to unlock on the second press, figured it would extend the life of the soleniod. On my 2011 SCREW I used the gray/brown and violet/white wires. Sorry if a repost... Another option, I ran the wires inside of the passenger side frame rail to underneath the front passenger side. Drilled a hole and used a push wire clip to secure the wires.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 54

Road Kill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also if it makes a difference, the Jimmi Jammer In-Lock Protection plate works in conjunction with the Pop & Lock. With the plate installed directly behind the Pop & Lock plate, no need for additional washers to be installed to line up the locking mechanism.

Jimmi Jammer Passive Truck, Car and SUV Security

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 62

Ftera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pop and lock

Ok I installed mine and I'd like to report that I ended up gluing thru the firewall. I have a 14 screw. That large grommet driver firewall has a little nipple up above. Looks like it was meant to be used to pass accessory wires thru so I used it. The wire configuration I used is: grey brwn stripe connected to green wire from the p&l wiring harness and the light blue green stripe connected to the blue wire. I read on this thread others wired the he the other way around. Doing that I found out that when I locked the truck my driver door unlocked. Lol. So if your unit is wired as per color configuration at the tailgate then green goes to grey/brwn stripe and blue to light blue/grn stripe. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can I assume you used the driver side to tie into?

To point out,
Since the colors of the wires are not consistent though out the whole Pop & Lock wire harness, it's not as important how you put the wires together for the run to the truck wires in the cab. You can simply switch the wires around.

Only thing really important are the truck's wire colors.

Last edited: