Auto Stop/Start after COBB OTS 91 tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lwlandy

Reaction score
I loaded the 91 OTS tune a week ago and truck definitely feels much more responsive and has better power delivery. One thing I noticed though was that the Auto stop start stopped operating (I know most will see this as a positive!) . I assumed that the 91 Tune had it disabled by default so didn't really think any more of it.

I just connected the AP this morning(I don't have it connected usually) and thought I would take a look at the settings. Weird thing is that it is actually set to Auto/stop/start Enabled.

I am just wondering if there is an issue with the flash, I tried re-flashing the tune and it does the same thing. The button on the dash seems to operate as before, I get the warning messages displayed for each press stating disabled/enabled.... But when I go to the display screen to show status of the auto/stop/start it just states: Unavailable.

Has anyone else seen this with the OTS tunes?

pnoob2

Reaction score
I thought it’s an option in the ap you have to manually disable the auto stop start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Goto cobbs homepage and select the raptor. You will find instructions on how to turn off the auto stop/start feature.

OP
OP
L

Lwlandy

Reaction score
Maybe i wasn't clear, so will ask another way. Does anyone with a COBB tune installed still have auto stop/start still working?

I know how to set it up using the AP and have set it up to be ON. but the truck states auto start/stop is Not available.

Thanks

NV997tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe i wasn't clear, so will ask another way. Does anyone with a COBB tune installed still have auto stop/start still working?

I know how to set it up using the AP and have set it up to be ON. but the truck states auto start/stop is Not available.

Thanks
Yes. My auto stop start still works. I don’t mind it and did not turn it off. I am however on the 93 tune not the 91

NV997tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auto start not avail...? Is it rather cold where you are? Are you in sport mode? If it’s super cold (or hot) auto stop will turn itself off for climate control reasons. Sport mode turns it off also.

OP
OP
L

Lwlandy

Reaction score
Yes. My auto stop start still works. I don’t mind it and did not turn it off. I am however on the 93 tune not the 91
Thanks for confirming, i guess its either the 91 tune or I have some other issue. I think i will try and go back to stock and see if it works again. Like you I don't actually mind it either, i was more concerned with what was stopping it if not the tune.

I am in PNW, weather is pretty mild up here right now. So the reason its not available is not the weather.

If anyone else is on the 91 tune and can try to enable it, it would help me eliminate the tune itself as the issue.

Thanks

OP
OP
L

Lwlandy

Reaction score
Kyle @COBB Tuning anything you can share in way of identifying why I cant enable the AutoStopstart feature with the 91 OTS tune applied? Other than just removing the tune I am not sure what else to look for.

Thanks for any advise,

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming, i guess its either the 91 tune or I have some other issue. I think i will try and go back to stock and see if it works again. Like you I don't actually mind it either, i was more concerned with what was stopping it if not the tune.

I am in PNW, weather is pretty mild up here right now. So the reason its not available is not the weather.

If anyone else is on the 91 tune and can try to enable it, it would help me eliminate the tune itself as the issue.

Thanks

Other than the weather, are you driving in any other mode besides Normal? Are you running in 4A? Is there anything causing significant energy draw, Lowest setting on A/C, Highest setting on Heat? Basically, anything that you're doing different right now from running Stage 1? Have you tried flashing to Stage 0 to see if the issue persists? Or may Stage 1 87?

Just throwing some options out there for you.