Auto Stop/Start after COBB OTS 91 tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

Lwlandy

Reaction score
Thanks Nick,

Tried all of the possible configs of A/C, Heater etc. off, but no luck. Does it driving in normal mode 2H, only thing that I am aware of drawing power is the dash cam, but I cant see that having any effect (it didnt before the tune went on). I will be trying to re-flash to other tunes this evening when I get home and if that fails will try completely removing the AP and see if that make a difference. I am not convinced myself it is a problem with the Cobb tune I am now at the point where I want to know what else it could be.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Nick,

Tried all of the possible configs of A/C, Heater etc. off, but no luck. Does it driving in normal mode 2H, only thing that I am aware of drawing power is the dash cam, but I cant see that having any effect (it didnt before the tune went on). I will be trying to re-flash to other tunes this evening when I get home and if that fails will try completely removing the AP and see if that make a difference. I am not convinced myself it is a problem with the Cobb tune I am now at the point where I want to know what else it could be.

I'm curious how the system reacts when you switch to the other maps. Please keep us posted!

OP
OP
L

Lwlandy

Reaction score
So I didn't get a chance to look at it yesterday, but I just tried the following and captured the details (I even took pictures of the dash at each stage.

1. Re-flashed to the Stage0 v100 Map. Result: same thing, Truck states Auto StartStop Not Available and no AutoStartStop symbol shows up either with Line through it or otherwise.

2. Completely removed the AP from the truck. Result Truck Now states Auto StartStop Engine on Normal Operation/Engine on Due to vehicle Charging. The A symbol is displayed above the miles as normal. I didn't drive any distance and its completely dark out so headlights on etc. But I could see from the dash it was operating completely differently.

3. Re-flashed the Stage 1 91 OTS Map. Result: Truck states Auto StartStop Not Available and no AutoStartStop symbol shows up either with Line through it or otherwise.

So, it looks like it is the Map having the effect. Please let me know if I can help with any other tests or datalogging etc. to see if can work out why?

Couple of notes:

When flashing each time the dash flashed up a couple of error messages such as Hill start not available, after the flash completed. (There were at least two different ones). But I assumed that was just as a result of the flash and the truck needing to reboot, hence the 15 second delay before restarting required.

Other point of clarification, when I removed the AP from the truck and then put the OTS tune back on it asked me if I wanted to backup the Stock tune again, I did as I was not sure if the act of removing the AP deleted the previous backup. Is that what happens?

Thanks
Lwlandy

20190130_174817.jpg First two pictures are after i removed the AP completely,

20190130_175636.jpg

20190130_181335.jpgLast pic is immediately after re-installing AP

Last edited:

COBB Tuning

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Its a 2018 SCREW, are there differences in the way it works based on year and model?

There is a specific map to every model year, fuel, ECU ROM version, etc. I only asked so we could take a look at that specific map to see if there was something that would prevent ASS from working. Everything looked as it should though. The system is related to several parameters (time, battery voltage, accessory load, and some other stuff) with different thresholds that must be met in order to work. I suspect something isn't in a range that is allowing it to work. If you email us at [email protected] we can start a support ticket and help get to the bottom of this!

Kyle@COBB

OP
OP
L

Lwlandy

Reaction score
There is a specific map to every model year, fuel, ECU ROM version, etc. I only asked so we could take a look at that specific map to see if there was something that would prevent ASS from working. Everything looked as it should though. The system is related to several parameters (time, battery voltage, accessory load, and some other stuff) with different thresholds that must be met in order to work. I suspect something isn't in a range that is allowing it to work. If you email us at [email protected] we can start a support ticket and help get to the bottom of this!

Kyle@COBB
Thanks Kyle, will do.

OP
OP
L

Lwlandy

Reaction score
Any update?
Live up in PNW, had about 3 ft of snow to deal with the last week. Its been fun but haven't been able to follow up on the issue. Its pretty much gone now off of main roads, but my neighborhood gets no plow so is still about 6" deep snow/slush mix. Will likely be checking it out over the weekend.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new here and I had a similar issue with my 17 when the battery voltage dropped to low. I left it parked for a few weeks while I was out of town and my dash had the A with a slash through it with auto stop/Start no available.

I put a small overnight charger on it and my battery took a good charge and it was gone and back to normal the next day.

My battery wasn't very low, I would say it was at about 80%

Last edited: