Auto Start/Stop Delete Now an Option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I messaged my dealer (the owner) last night asking if this was an option since mine is still unscheduled. He replied stating he submitted the question/change and would get back to me today. I’ll update everyone once I hear back.
Just received confirmation from my dealer and it is removed from my build. I am ok with a blank button if that is the case. Major PITA to have to unplug wires on an 80k truck just to have trailer lights etc. Not sure if it would engage the start/stop feature while having a trailer hooked up. I guess this is a benefit of having an unscheduled build. My wife's vehicle has it and it is a major PITA. Makes you wonder how long the starter will last with it constantly started and stopped.

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because you are acting like it is difficult. It's a wire right below the steering column. Could not be easier. I'm guessing you aren't the most handy person around, huh?
It's not about unplugging a wire for me. That is super easy for obvious reasons. May be a perfect solution for people who do not tow any trailers. Just a pain in the *** for me because I often tow.

gtirella

Reaction score
cool.....thanks for the info.....now I can start not sitting
at traffic lights with my left foot on the left corner of
the brake petal......

still want to know about how long a starter lasts in these
save-the-environment engine stalling devices.....so much fun
when I am trying to make a quick left across traffic......

Sephiroth

Reaction score
the brake petal......

But you’re saving the whales...

Plus it isn’t an attempt to politicize the environment to implement bigger govt.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Tow/haul. No A S S. Better shifting. Automatic downshifts going down steep hills. Three quick pops to Mode-, no arm-straining reach to the dash. Slam dunk. :005:

Shane361

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the brake petal......

This guys a cook in a few ways but here is some insight.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received confirmation from my dealer and it is removed from my build. I am ok with a blank button if that is the case. Major PITA to have to unplug wires on an 80k truck just to have trailer lights etc. Not sure if it would engage the start/stop feature while having a trailer hooked up. I guess this is a benefit of having an unscheduled build. My wife's vehicle has it and it is a major PITA. Makes you wonder how long the starter will last with it constantly started and stopped.
i dont think they are your typical starters and the tech has been out long enough now that i'd think we would started hearing about failures. theyre annoying but not something that i'm personally worried about. AFM on the other hand is something i would delete ASAP if i had a vehicle with it

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well that's a huge bummer. I spoke with Jeremy at FP and he confirmed it is an option now and maybeee I might be able to update with the dealership. Texted my dealer and they said they tried to change my order but the system won't let them. I have a Vin and build 09/27. Was hoping I was far enough out we might be able to change it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc