Austin TX, here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tragdor

Reaction score
Hey all! I'm Daniel and am researching Raptors. Currently in a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL (3" llift, 35s, winch, etc). While I love it - my second Jeep, I need a truck and have always liked the SVT Lightening of the past. I know that moving to a Raptor is totally different than that, but a heavy beast that moves well and ready for offroad is pretty damn cool. I am on the fence on new twin turbo V6 versus older V8...

I'd love any tips on any must haves that you all have learned along the way. Factory installed or otherwise. Thanks for letting me in here!

OP
OP
T

tragdor

Reaction score
thanks for the links! I was also poking around a bit too. I didn't realize that the 6.2 motor takes quite a bit of work to make more power. I have some experience with turbo cars and know how easily they can make additional power. It also sounds like just the years worth of technology improvements makes the latest gen the one to go with.

D3 SS 3D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, basically will need a blower on the V8s to give them adequate go (not too expensive to add one and they sound great!). However, I don't think you can go wrong with either, they are both capable trucks, just boils down to budget and what you want.