GEN 2 “Must do Mods”?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjboom

Reaction score
Moving from a 2016 Lariat to taking delivery of a 2019 SCREW in a couple of weeks. Looking to you experienced experts for suggestions on any “must do modifications” for my Raptor. Not a heavy off roader but do drive in heavy snow conditions in our nearby mountains occasionally.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moving from a 2016 Lariat to taking delivery of a 2019 SCREW in a couple of weeks. Looking to you experienced experts for suggestions on any “must do modifications” for my Raptor. Not a heavy off roader but do drive in heavy snow conditions in our nearby mountains occasionally.

The truck is incredibly capable at stock. And "must do mods" are also very subjective, but here's what I've done:

- Stubby antenna
- Husky mud flaps (front only)
- Hood decals
- Door decals
- Ceramic coating

I plan to eventually do:

- MPT tune
- Fog lights
- Dash cam

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Leveling kit suggest RPG collars

Baja designs fog lights with Ford Raptor Light mounts

Window tint

Suggest reaching out to Nick at Apollo Optics. He has competitive pricing and great customer service. He helped me prioritize my modifications based on my needs.

Welcome to the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Me most of mods:

Tint
Tonneau Cover
Mud Flaps
Dash Cam (front and rear)
Baja Designs fog/off road lights
Baja Designs reverse lights
Wrap
Bed Extender I
Winch

I also have a variety of other recovery gear in the bed. Max Trax, shovel, tow strap, Snatch strap, snatch block and a few shackles.

In terms of the ones I think have been the most beneficial so far, it would be the tints and Tonneau cover.

Edit: forgot to add, the bed extender folded inward to make for a dedicated cargo area at the rear where things won’t slide all the way forward has also been invaluable.

Last edited:

JD_27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- Bullet Stubby
- Window Tint
- Husky front mudflaps
- Front level kit
- Thick skin in preparation for the evil scowl from the Prius drivers