Audison Stereo upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrdoenutz

Reaction score
Upgraded the 2017 Sony system to the new Audison system. System keeps all the factory controls and chimes but lose the center channel. Sound is super clean and tight. Doesn’t distort. Highly recommend the upgrade.

Some details on the system:
https://www.audison.eu/news/f-150/

The only thing i did different was swapped the active sub for the APBX 10 DS and used the AP1 D mononblock amp.

1FE0C3B2-1A44-46FE-9E42-D5A096B827BD.jpeg

8878B1AE-E699-4208-8C10-8E11513A04EC.jpeg

DA24BDD3-3755-4C84-93A7-C0733AB08465.jpeg

8D6EA8ED-6797-459E-BCA6-5C71E363CAA7.jpeg

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put the DSR1 in my other truck (2018 F250) and noticed some of the notifications stopped working. Things like the "beep" when I touch the touch screen to change sources, etc.

Does yours still work? Also, the reverse sensors seem to only come out of the rear speakers - it's a bit of problem when the rears are quieted faded down. Is that the same with your DSR1?

OP
OP
M

mrdoenutz

Reaction score
I do not have dsr1, but yes i still have my stock chimes, beeps and notifications

Quick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doh! Just realized that wasn’t the DSR1 box I saw.

Audison rocks! (Pun intended) Wish this setup was out when I picked up my kit!!

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hey @mrdoenutz. Is there an advantage to using the AP1 amp to drive the subwoofer vs some other mono amp?

Also, it looks like the amp isn't bolted down in anyway. Does it slide around at all, or get any vibration noises? Any reason you can't slide it all the way over to the passenger side?

Edit: Another question. Are using the AP8.9 amp or AP F8.9 (Forza)? Forza is the one with more power. How are the 8 channels being used? Are you bi-amping the front doors or something like that, or channels 7&8 simply not used?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mrdoenutz

Reaction score
I suppose not but I heard good things about their products so I stuck with them.

The installer bolted the mounting board to factory amp location, I do not know how but he did. It stays put and does not move.

I am just using the 8.9 amp I i feel its more than enough. Per audison recommendation they biamp the front door 6x9 speakers. I love the way the system sounds a huge improvement over the sony system.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The installer bolted the mounting board to factory amp location, I do not know how but he did. It stays put and does not move.

I meant to say sub, not amp. My bad. The sub looks like it's not bolted down.

I am just using the 8.9 amp I i feel its more than enough. Per audison recommendation they biamp the front door 6x9 speakers. I love the way the system sounds a huge improvement over the sony system.

My shop was recommending the Forza, but with channels 7-8 used for the sub. If I went with a separate amp for the sub, then they'd biamp the front doors as you did.

Thanks for the info.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upgraded the 2017 Sony system to the new Audison system. System keeps all the factory controls and chimes but lose the center channel. Sound is super clean and tight. Doesn’t distort. Highly recommend the upgrade.

So what does installing something like this cost? On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the stock system verses the new setup?

OP
OP
M

mrdoenutz

Reaction score
I meant to say sub, not amp. My bad. The sub looks like it's not bolted down.

My shop was recommending the Forza, but with channels 7-8 used for the sub. If I went with a separate amp for the sub, then they'd biamp the front doors as you did.

Thanks for the info.

I have not had issues with the sub sliding around, when the seat is down it nice and snug. Even if they biamped it to run the sub it wouldnt seem like enough power for me for a 10"

OP
OP
M

mrdoenutz

Reaction score
So what does installing something like this cost? On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the stock system verses the new setup?

parts and labor will run you about 3k. stock system doesnt compare imo, the audison setup is crystal clear and doesnt distort even on 30 volume. the bass response is leaps and bounds better than the 8" stock sony sub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter