• Scab amp and sub(s)

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Screw amp and sub(s)

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • speaker upgrade

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • head unit replacement

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • complete system (head unit speakers amp(s) sub(s)

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • head unit and speakers only

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • rse (rear seat entertainment)

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eugeneorange

Reaction score
Yessir...

a6avudez.jpg

Here's the man himself cleaning up the wiring.

Busa's attention to detail is second to none.

Now that's the type of perfection I need to apply to my project! ( I mean the result)

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

eugene - did you get my message?

fx4 - thanks for the compliment

Yes, thanks man.
Never thought I'd get this "deep" trying to better the sound in my vehicle!
But I sure appreciate then available technology ;))

I'm trying to find a good reputable shop nearby to do the install, hope I can find a pro like yourself!

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 AM ----------

those are the ones you need. the summing device combines the front woofer and tweeter together creating a full range signal. the cleansweep removes the factory eq curve and gives you the flattest, cleanest signal. as far as the center channel, im not 100% sure if nav voice is played through it, or all the front speakers. but if you add an amp and speakers you will not hear it. the rest of the audio will overpower it. its up to you if you chose to disconnect it or not. you can mount the equipment behind the back seat. there is a decent anount of room if you keep it low towards the floor.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

in the newer f150 i just did, the cl-lsa is not needed. i think its for european vehicles mostly. bmw requires them sometimes. there should not be a reason to need it. the cleansweep has a signal input turn on switch that works perfectly.

busa,
I'm quite concerned about the nav voice/sound volume. I certainly don't want to loose it.
I think the sound in the fronts is lowered during the GPS announcements as well (stock).
Is the integration of new front and rear speaker and amp going to compromise that??
Hope not, that would defeat the purpose of the entire Nav/Stereo upgrade altogether.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
definitely check around and see how the shops operate before you decide. dont just go to first shop because of convenience. this job will take about 6hours if you know what you are doing. fx4tt's took a bit longer because of interruptions at my shop. if you are making some sort of mount for the amps and cleansweep then plan on more time. the speakers you can do yourself. if you need help, let me know.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

because you are getting the speaker/wires after the oem amp all features will be retained

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
depth was limited behind there. if you were to put anything over the wires, it would have pushed the amp board out causing the amp not to fit. also running all the wires from the oem amp at the center console meant that we had to pass wires under the seat. once again, its a spot where wires need to lay flat

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
depth was limited behind there. if you were to put anything over the wires, it would have pushed the amp board out causing the amp not to fit. also running all the wires from the oem amp at the center console meant that we had to pass wires under the seat. once again, its a spot where wires need to lay flat

If you use a section of oversized tech flex, run all the wires within that and then use something like Hushmat Quiet tape you can get everything run under the carpets and it will still lay flat. The tech flex is so thin it won had to the thickness enough to bulge and tape will hold everything in place and flat. Gives you a nice and cheap way to have clean cable management.

Just one I the creative ways I've done it in the past on my personal installs. At the ends of the run I seal the tech flex with a little her shrink sleeve an it's nice and clean. This is also how's it's done on my center console run to the back wall.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you can get the wires not to bundle up then go for it. i literally had to cut the ties holding the wires together and lay themover a 3inch span to get them to lay flat so it wouldnt bulge out in some spots. im thinking we ran our wires different. either way running 12 sets of 16guage wires makes for a pain in the butt

imdubious

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Busa need a recommendation on the best bang for the buck sound dampening in you ropnion , and the amount needed to do the doors back wall and entire floor in a screw.