• Scab amp and sub(s)

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Screw amp and sub(s)

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • speaker upgrade

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • head unit replacement

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • complete system (head unit speakers amp(s) sub(s)

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • head unit and speakers only

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • rse (rear seat entertainment)

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok, most of you know that i am a car audio installer. well on sunday oct 14th i become shop owner. i would like to get info on what people are looking for when it comes to audio/video upgrades. with this info i will determine whether i should proceed with becoming a vendor to have systems for sale here. so here it is poll time. also if you have any ideas that are not in the poll feel free to post and i will look into it.

the front camera is still a work in progress, so no need to post it

EDIT: i forgot the amp and speaker option guys. so if thats what you are looking for, select speaker upgrades for now. you can always post a reply as well

Last edited:

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Sony 700w and I like it but would love to make it much louder but keep it looking completely factory. It's almost like they made it only go to 3/4 volume

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First why would anybody pick the random day of October 14 to takeover or purchase a business?

As far as the audio poll...you know what I want...I would really like to see you become a vendor...I know I would buy a head unit from you... Along with anything else I might need...

Seriously...Congrats on the business, really excited for you...bud...

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nosbusa

Congratulations!

OK, here is my request/question.

I'm happy with the functionality of the Sonny nav system in my 2012. I like the voice and steering wheel controls, like how the front and rear cameras show up on the screen (thought as you mentioned a front fix that would let you turn it on in normal 2 wheel drive would be cool), the nav itself is almost as good as my Garmen n I like how Sirius traffic link overlays the map screen. What I don't like is the sound quality, it pretty much sucks!

So what I think I want/need I'd something along the line off a system described in another thread on here. New speakers, sub, amp(s) and all that signal processing/cross over stuff that takes the raw signal from the head unit and sends the signals to the right place (sorry not really a sound or electrical guy). In that thread you guys were taking about connecting the outputs up to a scope to adjust cutoffs??? our something like that. All made sense but clearly not something I could tackle in my garage.

If you could put together a tuned package with some basic instructions that would be sweet!!! I'm thinking running wires, mounting components, a little soldering on my end but you take car of all the complicated crap :)

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Off-road nav that displays on factory screen?

thanks guys...

i think that would require a video input into your oem unit, and a gps that has a video output. i will look into it fr you.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 AM ----------

I have the Sony 700w and I like it but would love to make it much louder but keep it looking completely factory. It's almost like they made it only go to 3/4 volume

Sent from my Galaxy S3
you are going to be in a speaker and amp upgrade...... i should have thought of that when i set up the poll.

if you try to get more volume by amplifling your oem speakers, you will bow them up. if you just replace your speakers, you will still have low volume. so unfortunately you will have to upgrade both and add a summing device in order to get the sound you are looking for.

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

First why would anybody pick the random day of October 14 to takeover or purchase a business?

As far as the audio poll...you know what I want...I would really like to see you become a vendor...I know I would buy a head unit from you... Along with anything else I might need...

Seriously...Congrats on the business, really excited for you...bud...
he has been trying to get this to go through for a while now, its end of pay period, and a lot of his operating costs (elec,water,etc...) also end in the middle of the month. so to minimize having to negotiate all the expenses we just planned for it.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am in the midst of designing a system for my Scab that will mount fan driven class A's behind the seat on the vertical wall, and redesign the suicide doors to each house a sub in a wood/fibreglass box that will be designed to look as stock as possible and give me back the space under the seats.

While I'm doing that I'll replace all the speakers (probably JL Audio). System specs out to about 7500, just waiting until I fill the change jar enough to get it.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nosbusa

Congratulations!

OK, here is my request/question.

I'm happy with the functionality of the Sonny nav system in my 2012. I like the voice and steering wheel controls, like how the front and rear cameras show up on the screen (thought as you mentioned a front fix that would let you turn it on in normal 2 wheel drive would be cool), the nav itself is almost as good as my Garmen n I like how Sirius traffic link overlays the map screen. What I don't like is the sound quality, it pretty much sucks!

So what I think I want/need I'd something along the line off a system described in another thread on here. New speakers, sub, amp(s) and all that signal processing/cross over stuff that takes the raw signal from the head unit and sends the signals to the right place (sorry not really a sound or electrical guy). In that thread you guys were taking about connecting the outputs up to a scope to adjust cutoffs??? our something like that. All made sense but clearly not something I could tackle in my garage.

If you could put together a tuned package with some basic instructions that would be sweet!!! I'm thinking running wires, mounting components, a little soldering on my end but you take car of all the complicated crap :)
you dont necessarily need to use an eq (like audio control) once you add the cleansweep the signal can go straight to an amp. this will greatly improve the audio quality and volume.
however adding that eq gives you a lot more adjustments to your audio system. maybe a smaller eq is possible. i personally dont think it is necessary to go to extreme with an eq because of the noise the truck makes. the motor, exhaust, road noise, etc. all add up to increased ambient noise. a lot of which can interfere with your audio. dont get me wrong eq's are great, but i think they are more suitable for vehicles that arent as noisy. so using an rta or a scope is a bit of overkill for the truck in my opinion. however it is still an option for those of you interested

Donk74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dont necessarily need to use an eq (like audio control) once you add the cleansweep the signal can go straight to an amp. this will greatly improve the audio quality and volume.
however adding that eq gives you a lot more adjustments to your audio system. maybe a smaller eq is possible. i personally dont think it is necessary to go to extreme with an eq because of the noise the truck makes. the motor, exhaust, road noise, etc. all add up to increased ambient noise. a lot of which can interfere with your audio. dont get me wrong eq's are great, but i think they are more suitable for vehicles that arent as noisy. so using an rta or a scope is a bit of overkill for the truck in my opinion. however it is still an option for those of you interested

OK I get what your saying about the eq and I agree with you, its over kill. Got the impression from the other thread that a scope was required to set thing up properly, good to know.

So sell us an audio upgrade package
Including: cleansweep, speakers, sub, amp and all the other misc crap so all I'll need to do is follow your instructions and install ask the pieces.