• Scab amp and sub(s)

Votes: 20 19.0%
  • Screw amp and sub(s)

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • speaker upgrade

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • head unit replacement

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • complete system (head unit speakers amp(s) sub(s)

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • head unit and speakers only

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • rse (rear seat entertainment)

Votes: 10 9.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Busa- do u have any options on upgrading the system to include 5.1 surround?

What kind of amp u advise purchasing that'll amplify all speakers including the center Channel like factory sound but 5 times louder?? What brand speakers u advise us upgrading including center (I like my center channel screaming).

I have my amp for the rear, still deciding on subs/box combo. Lol

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are a few amps that have a center channel output, so i will post more info later. also can use a 5channel amp if the 5th channel has a high pass crossover

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's build an amp rack for the back wall of my SCrew with window motor.
bring it in to the shop

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Something I might consider would be an in dash nav option for those of us without it that works with sync and comes as a complete kit, including matching trim.

working with sync isnt the problem, its getting the dash. there are not a whole lot of options available for non nav owners wanting to get an aftermarket nav. but i get a truck in my shop next saturday (thanks svt cali), i will see about making a fiberglass mold of the dash bezel.

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

Rear seat entertainment for me please! I don't want to cut into, or replace my headrests either. Have they gotten Blu-Ray mobile yet? My vision, for my truck, is an overhead dvd/blu ray screen, with wireless audio.... and a center stand that can hold an iPad which can output digital movies to the overhead screen. Yes, I know its redundant, but I like options.

The Sony nav isn't the greatest, but its what I paid extra for, so I'd like to keep the head unit...but a speaker and amp upgrade is a must! I don't care who or what provides the power... so long as Morel provides the sound!! :banana-mario:
you are somewhat close to my shop. you are welcome anytime to drop in. we can start modding your truck

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dont necessarily need to use an eq (like audio control) once you add the cleansweep the signal can go straight to an amp. this will greatly improve the audio quality and volume.
however adding that eq gives you a lot more adjustments to your audio system. maybe a smaller eq is possible. i personally dont think it is necessary to go to extreme with an eq because of the noise the truck makes. the motor, exhaust, road noise, etc. all add up to increased ambient noise. a lot of which can interfere with your audio. dont get me wrong eq's are great, but i think they are more suitable for vehicles that arent as noisy. so using an rta or a scope is a bit of overkill for the truck in my opinion. however it is still an option for those of you interested

nos,
Congratulations! I wish you the best in the small business world. You are an important part of our economy!

As someone that did this, and went the overkill route, I would actually have to agree with your reply. I absolutely love the mods I've done to the truck, and like the adjustability of having the EQ, but you are correct, even with Dynamat the ambient noise in the truck does limit the amount of detail you get from the sound.

Detailed scope and RTA measurements certainly aren't needed, but I do recommend summing the full range from the front doors without the sub output. The clipping and EQ we found on that signal does limit the quality of the signal you get on low end.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So question, when I do sub/amp upgrade and that's it. Will I get good sound out of it, or will I need something else?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, your sub will overpower your factory system. you will eventually want to do a speaker and amp upgrade

Oh after this, I'll definitely upgrade those as well. I didn't know if I would need something else to make the sub sound good, like the cleansweep or whatever.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the cleansweep is for leveling out the eq in speakers (it does create a sub out) but its not necessary since the speaker level out to the subwoofer is low frequency.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
working with sync isnt the problem, its getting the dash. there are not a whole lot of options available for non nav owners wanting to get an aftermarket nav. but i get a truck in my shop next saturday (thanks svt cali), i will see about making a fiberglass mold of the dash bezel.

I think I commented on this in another one of your threads, but I'd definitely be interested in the custom matched dash kit and a Pioneer Navigation System.