ATTN: Birdman, what's your "detailer's secret"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Holy **** you guys use brushes? And different types?
Apparently there's a whole other world out there for OCD cleaning techniques... I never woulda guessed.

I can just imagine the pain you guys go through when you hit a puddle...

i will put pedestrians and other motorists in danger to avoid a puddle after a detail job. the spot in front of my garage is stained with tire shine and armorall to the point where it's actually slippery when it rains out.

and i have ironed my socks more than once in my life.

yomudderputter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought a stiff long bristled tire brush at Target. it's grey, I'm sure they sell it at your nearest Target.
i use westleys bleach white and scrub the hell out them. when they are dry i actually soak them with leather/vinyl cleaner(i know it doesn't make sense but it works) or straight armorall, work it in with a brush, then rinse it off. the stuff stays in the texture but doesn't leave a greasy residue like tire shine so your foot doesn't slide off the brake pedal after you step on it lol.

Dude, what the hell did you do to that little Brazilian boy... bleach him white and scrub the hell out of him... damn man mellow out.. :ROFLJest:

freaken Buffalo Bob stuff. IT PUTS THE LOTION ON!

whats it take to get banned here???

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Dude, what the hell did you do to that little Brazilian boy... bleach him white and scrub the hell out of him... damn man mellow out.. :ROFLJest:

freaken Buffalo Bob stuff. IT PUTS THE LOTION ON!

whats it take to get banned here???

it'll take more than insulting me to get banned that's for sure.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually spent about 2 hours on mine yesterday. I ran it thru the car wash, did a clay-bar over the whole thing, Meguires #2 polish, then Meguires XT 2.0 (idk) wax....

Shit is smooth and looks better than new. Not sure you have to spend 10-20 hours on it.

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will put pedestrians and other motorists in danger to avoid a puddle after a detail job. the spot in front of my garage is stained with tire shine and armorall to the point where it's actually slippery when it rains out.

I've had MBs dirtier than your truck has been, lol....

Lots of city trucks down here, lots of chrome, glossy tires, curb feelers, shades over the windows, last name in Old English script across the back window..

OP
OP
M

Mark Ducati

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys crack me up!

I spent for hours washing/waxing my Truck a couple days after I got it... I even waxed the bed (no Line-X yet)...

But check this out, my detail guy (major auto freak, really nice guy too) must be slow for business... he told me he'd only charge me $125 to detail the truck with clay/polish/wax like he did the Z06... Seriously? He said, he's slow right now, needs the business and because I'm such a good customer... After this initial rub down, if I let him quick wash/wax it every two weeks, he'll only charge me $40 bucks each time.... Heck, I spend more than that in gas every week!

I'll take pics when I get home from work tomorrow.... maybe it will look as nice as Birdman's.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
You guys crack me up!

I spent for hours washing/waxing my Truck a couple days after I got it... I even waxed the bed (no Line-X yet)...

But check this out, my detail guy (major auto freak, really nice guy too) must be slow for business... he told me he'd only charge me $125 to detail the truck with clay/polish/wax like he did the Z06... Seriously? He said, he's slow right now, needs the business and because I'm such a good customer... After this initial rub down, if I let him quick wash/wax it every two weeks, he'll only charge me $40 bucks each time.... Heck, I spend more than that in gas every week!

I'll take pics when I get home from work tomorrow.... maybe it will look as nice as Birdman's.

my detail guy gets a hold of my vehicles twice a year. i usually pay him $80 for a true polish/wax job and engine detail w/dressing. it's well worth it. saves me a couple days of work and my labor is worth more than that IMO. some of these guys are so quick and efficient that something that would take you or me 8 hours takes them 2 hours.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Street Queens....
Detailing and wax would cost me $500 here in Calgary. Not that it's the 'Bel-air' of Canada but people realize the 3 inches or so of salt and dirt that gets pumped on the road for 6 months of the year and just capitolize on it.
I've spent $12.00 at the pressure wash (they have hot water - gets the mud off better) and found the truck dirtier when I get home than when I left to clean it.

Bought a pressure washer about a month after the truck -I can blast it clean in about 20 minutes and it looks good enough for me :)

Rapford75

Full Access Member
Reaction score

For ***** sake. They make medication for that :ROFLJest:

PEZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark Ducati, you took the time to wax the bed because you haven't had it LineX'd yet? Lol, then you might not want to watch when they prep your bed for the LineX by scuffing the entire bed with steel wool!!!