Attention 2012 Owners - Coolant Spillage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, something is dripping. It was too dark by the time I got home to see what it was. It could have been the heater running but I'm not too sure. Every time I shut the door it would make a hiss sound. I assume the water is just dripping onto one of the hot pipes or something. Nothing too substantial to report...

I'll check again when I see my baby. Could be 2 weeks from now...

OP
OP
SaintsFan

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was leaking from the tube connecting to the neck of the radiator cap. There was no clamp on there whatsoever and the tube had worked its way about 1/2 the way off. I've since added a metal screw clamp.

andypick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked my hose connections and they look pretty good. I removed about 12-16 oz from the engine coolent which was high when cold. The engine temp looks consistent on the gauge. The tranny temp is running around 190-199 degrees and the coolent level looks fine.

side note: one of my rigid duallys leaked and burned out after 1 week of use...lame.