At Dealer NOW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txgunsntrucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $66,500 plus tax for a $70,910 MSRP Scab 802A with beadlocks, decals, and bedliner. The Scab I ordered without the extras that was cancelled would’ve cost me $63K. In my case I will only keep the truck as long as it’s under warranty, so up to 8 years. A used 2017 would probably be 3-3.5 years old at this point, so I could only keep it 4.5-5 years.

I did shop used Scabs, but there wasn’t much available 2018 or newer for under $55K and the cheaper end were all 800A for basically what they sold for new. I couldn’t find any Scabs private party to avoid the 9.1% sales tax. The one 2019 Scab 802A I found reasonably close was still $62K with 12K miles, and it was still from a dealer so I would’ve paid the tax. It was close enough money wise that I’d rather have the full warranty.

Some on here would say stop being a bitch, **** warranty, go slap a tune on the truck. That’s not a financial exposure I’m interested in at this point. I can afford whatever repairs come my way, but I’d rather not. I figure my truck will still be worth $30K or more in 7 years with around 110K miles on it. At that point my average cost to own will be about $7000 per year plus tires and a few mods, so not much more than a standard F-150. The used truck may well have a lower cost per year, but I couldn’t enjoy it as long.

you do what you want. Why? Because America

thunderlips

Reaction score
Paid $63k for a 2019 crew 802A with beadlocks roof and bed extender sticker was $75k. It was a CPO with 3500 miles on it. This was right before the rona hit.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought fredericksburg just had 3 wine shops and 34 antique shops for tourists.
Learn something new every day.

I should have added "anywhere near a major city"

Over 50 wineries now, but 45 mins from San Antonio and an hour from Austin. Close enough to "anywhere near a major city"