Are people always F'ing with you ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Ya, its kinda gets old. Its non stop with the guys with their "badass" cummins or something that feel the need to blow smoke at the sight of me. I have guys that if we both the on the freeway at the same time, the feel the need to race me. Its close to an everyday thing.
Just yesterday I was parking at the mall for work, a guy with a f150 parked kinda by me. I was in my truck for a min before I went in. He waited by the front doors for me to ask me about the truck. Its kinda awkward but happens so much its not unusual. I just be nice so people don't think Raptor owners are jackasses.

Ms. MI Raptor

FRF Lady
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I had a guy in a Ram pull crap Friday night. I was minding my own business and he was one of those fools who insists on speeding up when someone tries to pass. Well I went around without much effort at all which must have irritated him because the last straight stretch of road before town he took a run from about 8 car lengths back to pass me (I'm certain he was assuming like him I would speed up to prevent the pass). I was visiting a friend in a small town of about 3,000 people - the Raptor sticks out like a sore thumb and I don't need the attention the Ram apparently wanted. Drive 50 all day long - just don't expect me to follow.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Are people always F'ing with you ?

First I will add to this post later as I have a number of great stories , as I sure we all do .
First One short and sweet:
So I am minding my own business slowing my roll sitting at a red light ( yah I know )
Dude in car next to me staring I can feel his eye's violating my Raptor , I don't bother looking over and light turns green . I roll slow and he staying next to me , I finely look over and he wants to go . I am like sure man always up for embarrassing people , or letting them embarrass themselves.
Well I let him punch it first cause I figure I am wasting my time as at first glance he was in a Taurus. I was like WTF until I seen the SHO .

First thought was: I thought they quit makeing them and this thing was brand new.
Well now game on : The HURICANE BOSS 379 is one awesome motor , but the Supercrew is North of 7000 Pounds so I figure this guy is going to woop my ass but it was too late we were going . This thought process took all of 269 Nanoseconds. I was probably in second gear and Right foot goes to floor , the BOSS respounds as I was in the sweet spot on the RPM's and in the correct gear .
Well if it wasn't for bad luck I would have no luck at all lately , but the sun has to shine on a dogs ass once in awhile . I was buy the guy like he was standing still and I thought he left his big girl ******* at home , but he indeed was going for it . I hit some where North of 60 very quick along with 3 or so car lengths. I shut it done as round one was done . He stayed back as is my experience in these situations.

Don't let this fool you into thinking you're gonna be able to take an SHO or other similar vehicles in a drag race as I would bet he was not into it as hard as you were. (I do realize that you were not expecting to win though) Was it a new SHO? If so, they're mid 13 sec. cars with a 0-60 knocking on the door of 5 sec. flat, more than enough to make short work of a 6200lb. (not north of 7k lbs.) 4x4 truck rolling on 35's. Of course there are variables in situations like this and it would appear that they fell in your favor that day, but it was more than likely him not hitting it at the same time, stayed in the same gear, let off or just wasn't flooring it. While our trucks do perform well, a stock Raptor is no pavement terror, there are plenty of vehicles that would ruin a Raptor's day on the street. And please don't say you had it in tow/haul mode and that's what gave you the edge, lol. But yes, the Raptor gets quite a bit of attention out there and alot of it is from those who want to see what they've got. Alot of those people also think it's the next Lightning though.

OP
OP
DEADEYE

DEADEYE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no delusions about the performance of this Truck and tried to make that clear . If I am looking to have a little fun I put it in Sport Mode or Turn Traction Control , ESC , RCS , TCS off altogether . This has negligible affect on quickness. It can help a little depending on road conditions or hurt .
Sorry you are correct Curb weight is 6200 , GVWR is 7300 pounds on 2011 Supercrew. Oh and he was getting on it , as I tried to point out it was a rolling start and the sun was shining on my ass foe once. That's why I wanted him to run from a dead stop so I could see how far I dropped back and how fast. As I said it would have been a good bench mark for me. I think he was in to tall of gear when he punched it. Can't remember if I had sport mode engaged , I do usually drive with my truck in this mode though.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heee-haawww

I just be nice so people don't think Raptor owners are jackasses.

Late Friday night, I'm taking the extra long way home from work. Watching the lightning and listening to the Grateful Dead channel. A tinted black Jetta rolls up to the line in the right lane, sorta looks like the drivers holding the brake and the throttle. Ok.

When the light flips my Raptor gets enough gas to chirp the right rear and I'm done. The Jetta zooms off solo. Two lights down he's got a red in the left turn lane. For some stupid reason I sloowww down and pantomime Haa-Haaa-Ha!

At the next light, the Jetta driver is behind my Raptor, pulls up on the right and starts making hand gestures; enought times that we'd be legally married in some states.

Then the Jetta pulls to the right at a cutout, so I pull over to see what's up. He takes off and then pulls alongside on my left as we're rolling with the passenger window rolled down. Ok.

I roll down my window and the dude's in a rage. "I'm a cop! I should arrest you!" Probably would have if he wasn't drunk. I waved and started contemplating the error of my ways.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no delusions about the performance of this Truck and tried to make that clear . If I am looking to have a little fun I put it in Sport Mode or Turn Traction Control , ESC , RCS , TCS off altogether . This has negligible affect on quickness.

Maybe try the T/H button on the shifter. :waytogo:

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, the Raptor is kind of a heavy brick. I'm guessing they opted for the 4:10 to help get it to 70 mph.

My 2011 F250 Diesel Crew weighs a TON (literally) more and would leave my Raptor in the dust.

408RCLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, the Raptor is kind of a heavy brick. I'm guessing they opted for the 4:10 to help get it to 70 mph.

My 2011 F250 Diesel Crew weighs a TON (literally) more and would leave my Raptor in the dust.

Agreed! My cummins (suprisingly) weighs 1000lbs LESS then my raptor and will out run it with me starting in 4th gear :insane: it helps ALOT that my cummins is a 6speed stick with 4:10's and has dyno'd at 660 and 1300 respectively... My truck aint known as the silver bullet for nothin :ROFLJest: I cant wait to twinscrew my raptor and see how she runs :waytogo:

Last edited:

Damaged1

Reaction score
There is no way you out ran a 2010+ SHO from a dig or a roll.

I own both. 6.2L Raptor & a 2010 SHO.

It is not even close.