APB Announcement - FRF Is Drowning in BS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ladies and Gents, n00bs and vets, trolls new and old:

Okay guys, when someone with my kind of sense of humor and openness for shenanigans has seen enough, then you know we've probably gone over the line here. These past couple of weeks have been pretty rough with off topic troll posts from new members and old. You guys know who you are. There's so much solid content coming out regarding the Gen2 and it's all getting lost in the mix with the crap posts. Finally these trucks are getting in the hands of the press and hitting dealer lots, but who in the world wants to come to FRF and sift through the garbage that's being posted right now?

As a member who's been here from day 1, I'm kindly and publicly asking the chosen few who continue stir the pot to cut the crap. Don't get me wrong, we were founded on sarcasm and general bantering, but not like what has been going on as of late.

Let's grow up peeps and take the high road when we can. Use the ignore feature, go outside, play with your kid, pet your dog, see a therapist. If nothing changes, we will see plenty of timeouts and perma vacations being handed out. Don't make us overly moderate please. It's not really FRF's style but when enough is enough, you'll get the wrath of Kaiser and maybe Birdman if he's still clucking around.

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this post. As a soon to be Raptor owner and a new member, I originally came to this site in July because of it's wealth of information and it seemed to be the only real place to find people "in the know". Not to mention a great place to find knowledge in general about the Raptor series. I was initially surprised by some of the comments and lack of tack on this forum i.e. "internet thugs" but figured it was truck guys and just how some people roll and took what I could from the forum. However, even though there is a wealth of information here; in the short time I have been a member the shit slinging has gotten out of control. I'm tired of tabbing through pages of rants and personal vendetta's just to gleam a small kernel of information that Ford saw fit to hold onto or not to release to us mere peons. I'm not asking for censorship or people changing who they are, but just a modicum propriety would be appreciated. That being said there are some seriously funny post on this forum.
Okay, rant over,
kevlar back on,
Fight!

Tone

Boss Hoss

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL I never thought it would come to this.. Things do change in all products. Good Call....

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Good call! Things change in every product over time. Got to play nice. First check in for a while. Was a little surprised.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree. I'm pretty new to this forum but have been a member at other car/jet ski/snowmobile forums for a long time and this is a far and away packed more with non helpful and not even funny nonsense. The signal to noise for helpful or at least interesting content is suffering.

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ladies and Gents, n00bs and vets, trolls new and old:

Okay guys, when someone with my kind of sense of humor and openness for shenanigans has seen enough, then you know we've probably gone over the line here. These past couple of weeks have been pretty rough with off topic troll posts from new members and old. You guys know who you are. There's so much solid content coming out regarding the Gen2 and it's all getting lost in the mix with the crap posts. Finally these trucks are getting in the hands of the press and hitting dealer lots, but who in the world wants to come to FRF and sift through the garbage that's being posted right now?

As a member who's been here from day 1, I'm kindly and publicly asking the chosen few who continue stir the pot to cut the crap. Don't get me wrong, we were founded on sarcasm and general bantering, but not like what has been going on as of late.

Let's grow up peeps and take the high road when we can. Use the ignore feature, go outside, play with your kid, pet your dog, see a therapist. If nothing changes, we will see plenty of timeouts and perma vacations being handed out. Don't make us overly moderate please. It's not really FRF's style but when enough is enough, you'll get the wrath of Kaiser and maybe Birdman if he's still clucking around.

my guess is that once the gen 2s actually start landing in the hands of owners, the conversation will start focusing on mods and tech questions. a lot of frayed nerves and idle hands right now. gotta hand it to the gen 2ers, they have had to run the gauntlet the last couple of months, right of passage i guess. cant wait to see them out in the desert and see what mods they are doing and hearing their input......ok gotta go drink right now so i dont give into temptation with a sarcastic remark...haha its all done in love

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this post. As a soon to be Raptor owner and a new member, I originally came to this site in July because of it's wealth of information and it seemed to be the only real place to find people "in the know". Not to mention a great place to find knowledge in general about the Raptor series. I was initially surprised by some of the comments and lack of tack on this forum i.e. "internet thugs" but figured it was truck guys and just how some people roll and took what I could from the forum. However, even though there is a wealth of information here; in the short time I have been a member the shit slinging has gotten out of control. I'm tired of tabbing through pages of rants and personal vendetta's just to gleam a small kernel of information that Ford saw fit to hold onto or not to release to us mere peons. I'm not asking for censorship or people changing who they are, but just a modicum propriety would be appreciated. That being said there are some seriously funny post on this forum.
Okay, rant over,
kevlar back on,
Fight!

Tone

Definitely echo this sentiment. I do my best to sift through all the pettiness and BS to get to the information. By replying, quoting, and simply calling people out just draws more attention and fuels the furnace for more trolling and no-value posts. Another strategy is to simply ignore try to pretend those posts aren't there so it doesn't draw any attention to the person as painful as it is to sift through it. As said already, some posts are really funny and pertinent to the topic which keeps things casual but the rest of it we can do without. Thanks for this thread. Great forum for new and old members to get great information.
drink4.gif

D

Deleted member 12951

If nothing changes, we will see plenty of timeouts and perma vacations being handed out. Don't make us overly moderate please. It's not really FRF's style but when enough is enough, you'll get the wrath of Kaiser and maybe Birdman if he's still clucking around.

Didn't Birdman already post something along these lines and threaten this already? Don't threaten with timeouts, actually do something this time. These folks on both sides are like kids and unless you actually do something, they will never learn and just think that Daddy ain't serious because Mommy won't allow it.

Last edited by a moderator: