Anyone with the Borla S-type Exhaust + Borla Resonator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed

I couldn’t feel any difference either.

Didn’t hurt anything though.

Can’t really feel a difference? Minimal if it’s there. You can hear the turbos a little more.

Ruri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will be short and sweet. 2x in a row I wrote a detailed reply and when I submitted it would log me out. I’m over it.

S-Type w/resonater - Little louder than stock. Tone is deeper but nowhere near the X-pipe.

Purchasing Borla Touring - Don’t do it. Not much different than stock.

Don’t like X-pipe - Go back to stock if you kept the parts. Save $400. If not an option get the resonater.

Tried a video, but it sounded distorted on my phone.

Well that’s a bummer.

Thanks for the feedback

Hey wonder how close this Setup is to the Ford Performance/Borla Touring exhaust?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well that’s a bummer.

Thanks for the feedback

Hey wonder how close this Setup is to the Ford Performance/Borla Touring exhaust?

The S-Type with the Resonator will be about the same volume level as the Ford Performance Touring Exhaust. When I spoke with Borla at SEMA, then said that the purpose of the Resonator was to take the edge off of the exhaust notes and provide sound attenuation. In my opinion, you lose a bit of the volume, but you also lose the harshness on the top end (rasp).

We've had a few customers that first started with the ATAK and later added the resonator and were quite pleased with the results.

jmrekieta

Reaction score
The S-Type with the Resonator will be about the same volume level as the Ford Performance Touring Exhaust. When I spoke with Borla at SEMA, then said that the purpose of the Resonator was to take the edge off of the exhaust notes and provide sound attenuation. In my opinion, you lose a bit of the volume, but you also lose the harshness on the top end (rasp).

We've had a few customers that first started with the ATAK and later added the resonator and were quite pleased with the results.

Howdy, any of your customers have the ATAK or S-type with resonator as well as SPD adapters and downpipes? I have heard a couple members comment positively on the sound of that set up. No sound clips of that setup yet that I know of.

I wonder how the S-type with resonator and adapters/downpipes compares. Maybe just less volume than with the ATAK. Not sure how different the tone is ATAK vs S-type. As we all know online clips are not the best.

Any feedback you can provide would be great!

Thanks!

Last edited:

jmrekieta

Reaction score

This was an accidental post. Not sure how to delete posts.

Last edited:

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Howdy, any of your customers have the ATAK or S-type with resonator as well as SPD adapters and downpipes? I have heard a couple members comment positively on the sound of that set up. No sound clips of that setup yet that I know of.

I wonder how the S-type with resonator and adapters/downpipes compares. Maybe just less volume than with the ATAK. Not sure how different the tone is ATAK vs S-type. As we all know online clips are not the best.

Any feedback you can provide would be great!

Thanks!

To my knowledge, we haven't had a customer with that exact setup.

We had a customer with the Borla S-Type (X-Pipe, no resonator) and Stainless Works catted downpipes. The result was way too loud with no tone. If he had the Borla Resonator, that might have solved the issue.

Also, since this customer had the Stainless Works downpipes setup, the SPD Adapters were not required since the Stainless Works downpipes replace the factory turbo adapters and the factory downpipes as one piece unit.

We also had a customer with the Stainless Works Downpipes and the Stainless Works Full Cat-back exhaust. That system had a nice tone and was not overly loud, nor did it drone.

My opinion, if you're going to do downpipes, you will definitely need the resonator whether you go with the S-Type or ATAK. My personal preference would be to stick with the S-Type unless you really want an aggressively loud exhaust.

Let me know what you're thinking and I'm happy to put a package together for you!

DallasDave

Reaction score
Has anyone done the Resonator on the S-Type yet?

Had S-Type on my 2017 but a bit to load for me. Was going to do Resonator on it but traded it in on 2018. Would like to have the Touring System but Borla only offer it through Ford. So I’m wondering if some had S-Type installed then added the resonator and could share if it made it quiter and less drone.

Thanks