Bit the bullet and bought a Borla Exhaust!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedPanda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Borla sounds great!
I'm removing the Kooks Downpipes and AWE 0fg exhaust setup my gen2 had when I bought it.
I have all the stock components except for the rear muffler. Instead of waiting to find an OEM one, think having a reputable muffler shop build me one would be just fine?

OP
OP
ApacheAg

ApacheAg

Reaction score
How much louder would you say this is over stock? Or just a different tone?
Night and day difference. I will say once you get use to it and how to drive with it it’s not as loud as you think it is (maybe because I’m in the truck vs outside of?). But it’s for sure louder and now has a much more aggressive tone. No complaints from neighbors too! Yet…

Raptor28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Borla sounds great!
I'm removing the Kooks Downpipes and AWE 0fg exhaust setup my gen2 had when I bought it.
I have all the stock components except for the rear muffler. Instead of waiting to find an OEM one, think having a reputable muffler shop build me one would be just fine?
Will you be selling the 0fg? If so I’m interested!

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the atak in the one im going with soon .best one ive heard beside the corsa extreme

cris4cris

Reaction score
Just picked up a Gen2 about a month ago and the Borla S-Type was my first mod. Watching all the videos on YouTube had me guess there might be too much rasp on the ATAK and more of a refined sound with the S-Type. Super happy with mine and eventually paired it with a AFE Cold Air intake and I think the volume, pitch and rumble is perfect now. Picking between the S-Type and ATAK was tough but no wrong choices for sure. I’ve had my fair share of loud cars and thought to change it up this time and not go full loud mode haha.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ive been wanting to bite the bullet and upgrade as well but not sure if it will be much better than stock or just louder

Most customers like to go with something not overly loud and has a deeper tone. The Borla is a very popular option since its fairly mellow and has a deep tone.

Message us if you would like a quote on anything

Sleepy Python

Reaction score
Did you ever get your vids editted? I would love to hear the before and after! New to the forum and trying to see what everyone is saying about exhaust and my first pick based on youtube videos has been the borla atak so far.