anyone went from geisers to new fox/icon coilovers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi i know its still pretty new and not many people have done these mods, i only know one guy that i bought the geisers from that went to full aftermarker fox adjustable coilovers and rear shocks, but i beleive he also had collars on the geisers so the ride qaulity cant be compared as i know it was stiff as a rock with collars on geisers. ive been trying to get some input from anyone that has went the geiser route then changed their mind to get new coilovers to see the difference between them. im not sure if fox or icon sell longer shocks to get the 2.5 inch lift without cranking up the spring on the coilover to get the desired height which also makes it a stiffer ride. i love how it looks but for bumpy roads or speed bumps the geisers sure do a bit to stiff for the liking, im wondering from aftermarket coil over guys that have cranked up thier coilovers to get the 2.5 inch lift up front , how it compares to geisers and wheel travel. may be on my bucket list to get down the road if its a big difference between the two setups if set to the same lift heights as geisers provide. thanks

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you, def would like to know as well as far as ride quality and off road ability.... is it that much better?

Before dropping another $6K it would be nice to know lol

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m battling with this as well! Lol

Everyone I have asked claim it’s night and day difference but I have to wonder if it’s a justify the expense response.....

Also then might as well lock out the LCA and buy UCA’s it never ends!!![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m battling with this as well! Lol

Everyone I have asked claim it’s night and day difference but I have to wonder if it’s a justify the expense response.....

Also then might as well lock out the LCA and buy UCA’s it never ends!!![emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol , i already got the uca, so if i would be getting coil overs id prob get the new icons to match it, but ive changed the coil overs before on gmc trucks, toyota trucks to icon and it was night and day of course , but they had shit shocks to begin with. this already comes with a really nice shock , i just dont know why it was so hard for the dealer to install adjustable coilovers so the buyers can adjust to their desired height, im sure they cost more but id pay the difference from the dealer for sure for those. ive seen the new fox shocks on the other guys truck i wont name him if he prefers to stay out of it , but they sure do look nice, but i really wish he didnt have the collars on to get his honest opinion, im sure its better, id hope it to be , but the question lies it just feels better on the road and if they cranked them to the same height? does it give more wheel travel over these springs. to many questions in the head.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am going with custom King Coilovers with remote Resi on front and king bypass on the rear. I have a 4" lift on mine so we are custom designing all my suspension for it. I will be able to tell you the ride difference in a few weeks. They are currently 8 weeks from delivery they are saying.

Ultimately my suspension will be
Front: King 3.0 Adjustable Coilovers with remote Resi, RPG UCA, RPG Tie rods, custom subframe bracket
Rear: King 3.0 Bypass with Remote Resi, 3" Deavers, and Custom blocks

We tried to go with the Fox 3.0's but they would not make the custom lengths I needed. The guys over at King were great to deal with. Will have pics once the work is complete.

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi i know its still pretty new and not many people have done these mods, i only know one guy that i bought the geisers from that went to full aftermarker fox adjustable coilovers and rear shocks, but i beleive he also had collars on the geisers so the ride qaulity cant be compared as i know it was stiff as a rock with collars on geisers. ive been trying to get some input from anyone that has went the geiser route then changed their mind to get new coilovers to see the difference between them. im not sure if fox or icon sell longer shocks to get the 2.5 inch lift without cranking up the spring on the coilover to get the desired height which also makes it a stiffer ride. i love how it looks but for bumpy roads or speed bumps the geisers sure do a bit to stiff for the liking, im wondering from aftermarket coil over guys that have cranked up thier coilovers to get the 2.5 inch lift up front , how it compares to geisers and wheel travel. may be on my bucket list to get down the road if its a big difference between the two setups if set to the same lift heights as geisers provide. thanks

How long have you had the Giesers on for now? Mine took a bit to settle but once they did they ride great. Of course if you have the spare cash then the Fox Factory Series are the way to go, but the Geisers were a great upgrade for the time being for me anyway. Next will be the Fox Factory's

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I can't speak to geisers, but I can speak to collars to fox factory 3.0s. It was a HUGE improvement. The collars got rid of the "float", but the preload when setting the collars to 2.5" was too stiff for me.

Doing the 3.0s gave me the right spring rate, with the right damping for 90% of where I was driving and what I was doing.

I was searching for a bit more control, so I'm now in the final stages of going midtravel. My front bypasses and coilovers got to the shop this week, So I probably have another 1-2 weeks before my truck is back on its feet. I'm expecting a massive improvement in the rough stuff.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long have you had the Giesers on for now? Mine took a bit to settle but once they did they ride great. Of course if you have the spare cash then the Fox Factory Series are the way to go, but the Geisers were a great upgrade for the time being for me anyway. Next will be the Fox Factory's

maybe a month or so, not to long , i wanted it to be stiffer and remove the factory float that was in my opinion dangerous when trying to make quick turns, it did not feel like i had good control of it, with the geisers even with my sway disconnected it feels way more safer and i can take sharp turns and it handles great. my only complaint was the stiffness of the spring, i feel like i lost the wheel travel that the stock suspension provided, but i havent tested that so i can be to sure. i delfated the toyo mts to 40 psi instead of 45 and it got a little better , the higher psi in the stiff tires really made you feel every bump in the road, when the stock suspension i could go over speed bumps at speed and barly feel they were there but with this setup it doesnt go over bumps nearly as smooth as it used to. thats why im wondering how the aftermarket adjusteable coil overs are if set to the same lift amount as geisers provide, im sure it should be better, but i dont know if its 6k + better lol. dont have the spare change for them now , so il ride with my current setup for now, and wait to get more input from others that have done that mod to see if its something i will want to do , down the road .

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going with custom King Coilovers with remote Resi on front and king bypass on the rear. I have a 4" lift on mine so we are custom designing all my suspension for it. I will be able to tell you the ride difference in a few weeks. They are currently 8 weeks from delivery they are saying.

Ultimately my suspension will be
Front: King 3.0 Adjustable Coilovers with remote Resi, RPG UCA, RPG Tie rods, custom subframe bracket
Rear: King 3.0 Bypass with Remote Resi, 3" Deavers, and Custom blocks

We tried to go with the Fox 3.0's but they would not make the custom lengths I needed. The guys over at King were great to deal with. Will have pics once the work is complete.

never had kings, but def would be great to get input on them as well i know they make qaulity products.

OP
OP
M3sparky

M3sparky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hopefully il meet with a buddy and get a ride with his new fox shocks set to 2.5 lift and compare it to mine next week, to see the difference.