Fox Factory Race Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any intel on race series shocks being released specifically for the gen3? I know covid and economy probably play a role in this, but 3-4years in and still nothing? Or are they not able to get any appreciable gains over stock?

I know it’s not just Fox, last I saw Icon was getting close but also do not have anything out at the moment.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last I heard through the grapevine Fox and Icon are both working on things, with early 2024 as a rough time estimate. No idea if that’s still accurate or not.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last I heard through the grapevine Fox and Icon are both working on things, with early 2024 as a rough time estimate. No idea if that’s still accurate or not.
I’ve heard a similar rumor. Hopefully it happens before I decide there are wiser things to spend money on.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to Icon about 2 months ago, they said their head engineer (owner) has taken the Gen 3 Raptor project under his wing and is R and Ding the best scenarios with compression and rebound adjustments for front end with high and low speed bypasses for the rear that will be smooth and silent. Expected release I heard as well to be spring time. I don’t assume it will be however as nothing ever gets released on time, that and I presume by the time they do come out with something, I be past the point of wanting to modify my truck as it’ll have too many miles on it to cost justify as I generally get rid of my vehicles once they hit about 45-50k miles.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i feel fox has been developing the gen 3.5 new shock the dual valve, so im guessing it will be a while before they come out with anything. unless there is help from icon like you guys have been mentioning

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i feel fox has been developing the gen 3.5 new shock the dual valve, so im guessing it will be a while before they come out with anything. unless there is help from icon like you guys have been mentioning
All they need to do is offer M10 bolts instead of the existing M8 bolts on the gen2 race series version. Pretty simple 3 second mod.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All they need to do is offer M10 bolts instead of the existing M8 bolts on the gen2 race series version. Pretty simple 3 second mod.
And a completely New rear shock . People have put them on gen3 and they can’t handle the higher load from the 5 link so they blow. Swarfworks has tried it out

I know the new shocks read things quicker on the gen3. But not sure if that’s the shock capability or the trucks computer. Or both ?

Last edited:

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And a completely New rear shock . People have put them on gen3 and they can’t handle the higher load from the 5 link so they blow. Swarfworks has tried it out

I know the new shocks read things quicker on the gen3. But not sure if that’s the shock capability or the trucks computer. Or both ?
All 95% of people need or will be interested in would be the front however. Especially those with 37pp trucks. The stock shocks seems to handle fine and keep up with all that can be thrown at it, however when wanting a bit more lift coilovers are a superior choice to preload collars and aftermarket springs.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All 95% of people need or will be interested in would be the front however. Especially those with 37pp trucks. The stock shocks seems to handle fine and keep up with all that can be thrown at it, however when wanting a bit more lift coilovers are a superior choice to preload collars and aftermarket springs.
Absolutely. This is why I have them up front myself. But on a gen2. With the new dual valve I hope there are some upgrades to be had with the new setup that are similar or that are actually fox racing shocks with a reservoir but in dual valve that works with the new 37/R

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I in all honesty wouldnt mind disabling my Live Valve for a set of good ol' fashioned adjustment knobs. If I had the ability to do compression and rebound, great, but all I need is compression and Id be happy as a pig in shit.