Anyone upgrade the stock sound system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I ended up getting a raptor completely stock no options so I'm wondering what you guys have done sound wise to the truck. Just looking for ideas. I setup a whole system in my 02 f150 and im planning on doing the same to the new truck. Any recommendations for decks -amps subs or any pointers are much appreciated.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chrisandalex1 put an insane system in his truck from High Desert Mobile Electronics.

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scab... never been a fan of a four door truck probably comfortable as hell but I dont really care bout the passengers that much lol. Its only the gf and dog that are usually in it anyways.

Sidram- love the JL subs ...what amp did u use? Stock deck or aftermarket?

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is you will probably have to make a custom box because very few manufacturers have any out for our scabs yet.

OP
OP
AdkRaptor150

AdkRaptor150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem- is there a deck kit out for the scab to fill in all that space above the climate controls?

mblgjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep.

Stock Deck (don't laugh)
Alpine Imprint
Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4 amp under the radio (under the console area, where the stock Sony unit would be). It's a real small amp.
JL Audio TR570-cxi speakers (4)
OEM Ford Sony A-pillars, tapped into front speaker wires. (raises sound stage a LOT).

Added a little sound deadening in the doors and upper areas of the footwell below the carpet. I probably should add some across the rear cab wall also. (secondskinaudio)

No sub. Just didn't want to mess with it or take up the space. I know it would sound a lot better with one, but for general listening, I don't really feel like I'm missing out on too much.

sidram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 5 channel jl amp with the jl sub in my 08 f350 and 08 f150. I just bought what the audio sop said I needed. The new jl amps are much smaller.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep.

Stock Deck (don't laugh)
Alpine Imprint
Rockford Fosgate PBR300x4 amp under the radio (under the console area, where the stock Sony unit would be). It's a real small amp.
JL Audio TR570-cxi speakers (4)
OEM Ford Sony A-pillars, tapped into front speaker wires. (raises sound stage a LOT).

Added a little sound deadening in the doors and upper areas of the footwell below the carpet. I probably should add some across the rear cab wall also. (secondskinaudio)

No sub. Just didn't want to mess with it or take up the space. I know it would sound a lot better with one, but for general listening, I don't really feel like I'm missing out on too much.

Wait can you go in to more detail about where your amp is. I want to add a single 10" sub where my factory one is in my scab but i don't want to lose all my space under the rear seat.