Anyone running 2nd perch with 2" drop shackle in the rear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've run the drop shackle before on mid perch and it sat just about level.

Don't remove the rear block unless you change out to aftermarket springs. You mess with shock ride zone by removing the block.

What do you mean buy you mess with shock ride zone? It sounds to me by removing the block this should lower the rear without having to go with a drop shackle.

BRAPPPP

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What do you mean buy you mess with shock ride zone? It sounds to me by removing the block this should lower the rear without having to go with a drop shackle.

When you remove the block the rear end lowers 2.5-3 inches and you now lose that in up travel. Your shock is not in optional ride zone and you'll be riding on the bumps more heavily. Yes it looks sweet but you sacrifice the ride. If you want to remove the eom blocks that do aftermarket leafs that are +1 or +2 over stock. But removing the block you still get an inch drop in the back after the leafs settle

Gilligan

Reaction score
Bump.. Are the rough country adjustable shackles heavy duty enough to handle heavy off reading or should I go synergy? I could use more than a 1" drop but not willing to sacrifice quality

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump.. Are the rough country adjustable shackles heavy duty enough to handle heavy off reading or should I go synergy? I could use more than a 1" drop but not willing to sacrifice quality

I have heard that the Camburg claim 1.5" of drop but in actuality, its only .75". I was told by Jeff at Deaver that a shackle needs to actually be double the length to the drop that it gives. So a 1.5" drop requires a 3" longer shackle and a 2" drop requires a 4" longer shackle. I believe that the Camburg shackle is a 1.5" longer shackle that actually gives a .75" drop.

I have the rough country shackle and have had zero issues...I do off-road some but nothing too crazy. When I asked Jeff at Deaver if I should maybe get a higher priced shackle as far as Camburg, ect., he said that a shackle is a shackle. I don't think Ive ever really heard of a shackle failing, but I do know Camburg makes top quality stuff.