Anyone running 2nd perch with 2" drop shackle in the rear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALLOUTWARN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running 2nd perch with a 2" drop shackle in the rear? If so how does it sit, level, front higher or does the rear still sit higher than the front?

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't run that setup and don't know the size of the OEM rear axle block, but if someone can measure their rear lift block then these photos should be pretty helpful.

20120728_124951.jpg
FRONT: Middle Perch
REAR: OEM rear lift block replaced w/ smaller 1.5" block.

IMG_0687.jpg
REAR: OEM rear lift block removed

Here are the full threads where I found those photos. There are a couple pictures of both trucks in each.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/took-rear-block-out-pics-2400/
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/mtr-ks-lowered-rear-15452/

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

17763d1362367530-lowering-rear-photo.jpg

REAR: OEM lift block replaced with 1.5" block and 1" Synergy drop shackles.

Owner claims 42.5" in the front and 42" in the rear.

OP
OP
ALLOUTWARN

ALLOUTWARN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya, i just sold my 2011 screw and had it on the top perch and removed the factory block in the rear, it had a drastic rake or "prerunner stance". Just bought another screw and wanna run it on the 2nd perch this time and wanted to still have that prerunner stance, so i was wondering if i would be ok with a 2" lowering shackle or if i would have to pull the entire factory block again. I know the fact block measures to 2 3/4"

FLYING BONES

Reaction score
After doing some reading the conclusion on this for me was to go with the shorter block, not shackle. The shackle lost more travel than the small block, because the small block changed the position of the bumpstop as well.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've run the drop shackle before on mid perch and it sat just about level.

Don't remove the rear block unless you change out to aftermarket springs. You mess with shock ride zone by removing the block.