Anyone Install a Windshield Banner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think someone could write an entire book on the psychology of putting company logos and slogans on your personal property. Why people do it and how people look at it depending on the scenario. Obviously, people do to either set themselves apart from the crowd or to make it clear that they belong in the crowd...which is odd when you think about it. Or perhaps you just like the way it looks, not necessarily the words printed on the banner?

There's a big part of me that wants to eliminate logos and such from everything I own. It makes me feel used in a way. Duped in to having to pay for the privilege to advertise for a company. Why aren't they paying me to advertise for them? Then again, there is some value to the styling that comes from logos or what have you. And being a part of a group, or setting yourself apart for the group, has it's merits as well.

I suppose my biggest 'concern' is using logos and branding to try and give the impression to others that you are something special, something other than what you actually are. In many ways, the Raptor itself says something about who you are. Adding the banner says you are well trained and exclusive in that regard. If true, great. But then again, if you are well trained, do you need to let everyone else know? I don't know.

Personally, I like the trend, if it is a trend, of coming up with your own logo/images to make your truck more your own. I'd rather see a windshield banner with a personal name you gave the truck than an ad for Ford. But again, what does that say about you?

Denyen

Reaction score
Be carfull where you place it. On 18s and older you should be fine. On 19s the window sensors can be covered causing problems with collision sensor.

I placed mine just above the sensor and used the black dots on the windshield as the bottom line to get it straight. Trimmed a little off the top for a nice clean look.

Wipers hit an inch or so, but after 4 months, no wear and looks great. Makes it a little darker on the inside but not noticeable after a while.

Yes, I let the teenager in me come out. But the wife is always saying I need to grow up.

Grant

Reaction score
Lots of cutting and trimming top make it fit with the rain sensors, they are higher then most think. Did it 2 months ago and holding up well, when i change my mind i will peel it off. Oh one other tip would be to install it on a super clean windshield of course and use one drop of dish liquid in a spray bottle to allow you to make adjustments for fitment before squeegee time, yes i know it's a sticker but it will work fine and way easier.

Resized_20190822_191638.jpeg

borzraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think... IDK what I think actually.

It just seems many folks just don’t know when to stop.

These trucks don’t need all the Pep Boys add ons that you see people putting on non-exclusive vehicles.

You won’t see a banner on someone’s GT3 or M5 or GT500... on the same taken, the Raptor doesn’t need to be “personalized”.

It’s silly, red neck-ish, and tacky.... but so are most of the other mods people do to the Raptor.

Kind of embarrassed when I see a modded Raptor.

You said you could take it...
Amen to that. Saw an awful looking Black Gen 2 with red beadlock rings and red graphics on it the other day... I wanted to puke.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know their address for the online store? I know they have one cause they send me email once with their stuff but I can’t find it