Anyone Install a Windshield Banner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, this is what I'm speaking of. Go ahead, I can take it. I'm not sensitive. Tell me you love it. Or tell me you hate it and it's for a wimp's truck.

https://www.raptorassault.com/en/gallery.html#!PGP10200

OMG..say it ain't so....Damn...I remember being a teen in the 70's and putting one on my GTO....Windshield banners were all the rage back then......but on a beautiful new Raptor.....just too 'high-schoolish' and IMHO would save for the kids in their little Toyotas and Hondas...
I know,I should be the one to talk with the Shelby Splash on both sides of my Raptor...BUT...I swear I didnt do it...and wasnt going to pass on a like new Gen 1 for a fantastic price because of decals....I've gotten use to them and if others dont like,they dont have to look...LOL....
Good luck how ever you decide...it is after all YOUR truck,and you have to feel comfortable with whatever you do to it....

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think... IDK what I think actually.

It just seems many folks just don’t know when to stop.

These trucks don’t need all the Pep Boys add ons that you see people putting on non-exclusive vehicles.

You won’t see a banner on someone’s GT3 or M5 or GT500... on the same taken, the Raptor doesn’t need to be “personalized”.

It’s silly, red neck-ish, and tacky.... but so are most of the other mods people do to the Raptor.

Kind of embarrassed when I see a modded Raptor.

You said you could take it...
Totally agree....and trying to keep mine 100% stock...always amazed me someone would drop $70K+ on a truck and then tear it apart to put another $20K in bumpers/tires/lights/shocks....I think the Raptor is a beautiful truck with no Mods....and before someone says it...Yes..mine has the Shelby Mods...but sometimes you get a deal you just cant pass up....and if I was buying new,dont think I would of done the "Splash"....and no regrets on the Whipple S.C. as a "Mod"...

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I do appreciate everyone's reply, whether serious, partly serious, or joking. I've never had one but thought it looked cool on the trucks at Raptor Assault. Also after getting blinded at times by the sun sneaking through top of windshield right where visors didn't reach, thought might be a decent idea.

One thing I think some are missing: It's not a permanent change. It's not like I'm taking a can of spray paint and putting pink circles and curlicues all over the body. Decals, stickers, are all easily removed if one tires of them.

One reason I asked was to see if anyone here has done so and how it looked. Those trucks at Assault are already assaulted left, right, front, rear with decals.

As for one comment about not seeing decals on a GT 350, etc., I'm fortunate to also own a white 911. No, it has no decals.

In fact, when I put the Baja Mode decal on the sliding rear window of my Raptor and my 30 year old daughter saw it, she said, "What did you do with my dad? I want him back." As I espoused my entire adult life I'd never put a sticker on my vehicle. Things change, I guess.

Anyway, right now it's arrayed, flattening out across my desk. We'll see.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@nikhsub1 Love your bumper, the intercooler, and can you please tell me which lights those are and how they are mounted on the A pillars.

Do you have a build thread? ty

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even though I am not sure I'd put it on my truck, that racing school banner is really the only one I like. They don't seem to sell it anywhere other than at the school, I suppose.

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the "Ford performance" one but I don't have any stickers on my truck so I doubt I would put one on.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I do appreciate everyone's reply,

One thing I think some are missing: It's not a permanent change. I'm taking a can of spray paint and putting pink circles and curlicues all over the body. Woohoo!!!

I love what you did with your truck OP! It's very unique, the pink wheel centers really pulls it all together. :artist1:

Rappy pink.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love what you did with your truck OP! It's very unique, the pink wheel centers really pulls it all together. :artist1:

View attachment 128666
Funny thing is, I’m so damn talented, that’s about what it would look like if I were to do that.

I was the only kid who couldn’t stay in the lines when drawing, who always managed to break his box of 64 Crayolas, jam up the sharpener in back, and used wrong colors in Color by Numbers. Heck, I couldn’t even put together Colorforms.

cooooop_ks

Reaction score
So when at Raptor Assault they have a very cool store that sells apparel, decals, banners, etc.

I'm a sucker for that stuff. One thing I bought is a large black vinyl decal that says Ford Performance Racing School. I believe it adheres to the outside of the top edge of the windshield.

Anyone have one? Do they last? Do they block too much view?

Thanks.
My dealer said they had problems with the collision sensor when installing these banners

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Funny thing is, I’m so damn talented, that’s about what it would look like if I were to do that.

I was the only kid who couldn’t stay in the lines when drawing, who always managed to break his box of 64 Crayolas, jam up the sharpener in back, and used wrong colors in Color by Numbers. Heck, I couldn’t even put together Colorforms.

:lol: You can tell I have great artistic skills also! :laughing1: