Anyone have the 801A that regrets not getting the 802A?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prices have changed over the years for the gen 2, but ballpark the 802A is 7k more than the 801A, with additional features of course. My question goes out to any 801A owners, do you regret not pulling the trigger to get the 802A for those extra features? Some could be added ala carte, some could not and were only available with 802A.

This feedback can help folks currently looking and trying to decide between packages for the gen2 or gen3

The 802A Equipment Group includes all 801A content plus the following features:

• 4.10 Front-Axle w/TORSEN® Differential
• 360-degree Camera
• Advanced Security Pack (incl. SecuriLock® Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) and Inclination/Intrusion Sensors)
• Ambient Lighting (Ice Blue only)
• BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert and Trailer Tow Monitoring
• Dual-zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
• FordPass® Connect
• Heated Steering Wheel
• Inflatable Rear Safety Belts (SuperCrew® only)
• Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
• LED Box Lighting
• LED side-mirror Spotlights (with High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps)
• Memory System (Seat, Pedal, Exterior Mirror)
• Intelligent Access with Push-button start
• Power-folding, Power Glass Sideview Mirrors with Heat, Turn Signal, Memory, Auto-Dimming Feature (Driver's Side), High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps, Body-Color Skull Caps
• Power Tilt/Telescoping Steering Column with Memory
• Pro Trailer Backup Assist
• Remote Start System with Remote Tailgate Release
• B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with HD Radio™ and SiriusXM® Radio
• Universal Garage Door Opener (UGDO)
• Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System with SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link®

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welllll....a little but I deal with it. New 801A SCAB. Now the SCAB I wouldn’t trade for a screw. Not what you asked , I know. My truck had a few options I wanted in addition to 801A. Bed and mirror lighting, fancy wheels, color upgrade (RR) etc. I did find the stereo underwhelming so I took it to a stereo install place that is next to a major Ford dealership (that does a TON of work for them) and I brought my checkbook and was about to have it replaced. The lads at the shop, in the name of their vast experience, indicated to me just add a sub and be done. You’ll be fine. So I added a 8 inch JL sub that lays flat in back and they put a sub volume knob in my front cubbie forward of shifter. And they were right I’m totally happy with audio now. But I’m old so I’m not looking to blow the doors off but I really like it. Down side I lost some room in back on floor. Made that up with a lockable cap on bed.
The only thing I kinda miss are the cameras And the push button start. But I adapt and thrive. Don’t hit stuff and put the key in ignition, not a big deal.
So the answer it depends on you and how the individual truck is specced. I was really going to get an 800a with a few options so that was my mindset originally. Don’t overthink it.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an 802a and enjoy quite a number of the features on that list. I’ve never driven one without but the Torsen and the 360 cameras are quite useful. The BLIS is helpful if I’m driving with the Bakflip up blocking the rear window.

I also use the garage door opener and remote start pretty often.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget the ventilated seats. Love that feature!
Mine’s a 2017 so they’re actually cooled too. Was great after hiking today.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
After having 360 Camera, Blind Spot Monitoring, and the memory seats (I’m 6’8” and my wife is 5’6”), I’d have a hard time going with a vehicle that didn’t have those options. Hell, I don’t even want to give up Adaptive Cruise ever again. The 802A has spoiled me.

Moridin

Reaction score
There are sooo many cool features on the 802a, I can't imagine not having most of them. (Yeah, there's a couple that are meh).

Speaking of the mirror skull caps, I actually find (at least on my white) that I preferred the black color so I switched to those. Gotta love Ebay.