Anyone have the 801A that regrets not getting the 802A?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are sooo many cool features on the 802a, I can't imagine not having most of them. (Yeah, there's a couple that are meh).

Speaking of the mirror skull caps, I actually find (at least on my white) that I preferred the black color so I switched to those. Gotta love Ebay.
I agree. On my race red I've found the more black accents, the better the truck looks. There is almost too much red. I think black mirror caps and door handles might look good.

RustyNutz

Reaction score
I had buyers remorse a few years ago when we sold our fully loaded '10 lexus es for a '15 Toyota Sequoia Limited (mid tier - leather, navi, but missing other things). I didn't think i would care at the time, but not having memory seats quickly became annoying. And in FL, quickly missed vented seats, and in 2015 its silly to pull out a normal key to unlock and start your car. It kinda ruined what was a good SUV because of options I was aware of missing. Fast forward to raptor shopping, I took my personal experience and feelings and decided 802a was a must, and shopped accordingly.

Some people aren't big on tech, so it wouldn't be a deal breaker. IMO, the adaptive cruise alone wouldn't be worth it. But the remote start, vented seats, blind spot, 360 camera - after living with them for a bit, I think I would eventually resent the truck not having things you can get on a Kia. But I bought a year older than I wanted so i could afford the 802a, and I'm glad I did EVERY time I drive the truck. No regerts, makes the truck that much more special

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was looking for my raptor I knew I wanted it fully loaded (didnt care for ricaros). Found my 2018 slightly used at 16k miles and fully loaded. I love my panoramic sun roof (having issues forgetting to close it when parked) and the torsen front diff is a must if you want to use anywhere near the capabilities of this truck. Even though my pocket felt the decision, I have absolutely no regrets. Not giving up my dream truck even though the current market is really tempting to sell and wait for gen 3.

two24studios

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 802a too, and can echo the sentiment of everyone else. Came from a 15' Tacoma so it was a huge upgrade, but having those extra amenities is really nice. Parking is so much easier with the 360 camera, and I practically remote start it every time I drive it. Thought I'd hate the adaptive cruise control, but it's great on long drives.

The only upgrade I wish was optional is the B&O sound system. It's not horrible, but it certainly is not premium. Still think the 802a is absolutely worth the extra $$$.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are sooo many cool features on the 802a, I can't imagine not having most of them. (Yeah, there's a couple that are meh).

Speaking of the mirror skull caps, I actually find (at least on my white) that I preferred the black color so I switched to those. Gotta love Ebay.
Mine are chipping around the edges. I’m replacing them with @EL Snagadore CF ones. But I did like the look until it didn’t hold up.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
802A digital dash screen with all the stats the ‘19-20’s can display. Though the Gen 3 probably won’t have anything but an all digital display?

360 camera, heated and ventilated seats(totally rock), 8” Sync(have to believe the 12” is standard in the Gen 3 Raptor?). Adaptive cruise!

I like having blis and lane keeping. I know sometimes the truck likes to take control especially on turns lol

While it probably provides more oversteer on road, the Torsten diff
Delivers real front end traction. So worth it in this truck.

All led lighting in this day and age I think is a must. Not to mention push button start with extended range remote start comes in handy. I don’t always like to have to go the phone to start the truck.

I’d have to get the power open and close tailgate too. Gen 2 only has power release. Yeah I like the features. The tailgate step is a must have too.

I better stop now or you will be in an 85k truck lol. But as somebody already said. If you never have a couple of these features, you may never miss them. Get the stuff you really want.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
802A digital dash screen with all the stats the ‘19-20’s can display. Though the Gen 3 probably won’t have anything but an all digital display?

360 camera, heated and ventilated seats(totally rock), 8” Sync(have to believe the 12” is standard in the Gen 3 Raptor?). Adaptive cruise!

I like having blis and lane keeping. I know sometimes the truck likes to take control especially on turns lol

While it probably provides more oversteer on road, the Torsten diff
Delivers real front end traction. So worth it in this truck.

All led lighting in this day and age I think is a must. Not to mention push button start with extended range remote start comes in handy. I don’t always like to have to go the phone to start the truck.

I’d have to get the power open and close tailgate too. Gen 2 only has power release. Yeah I like the features. The tailgate step is a must have too.

I better stop now or you will be in an 85k truck lol. But as somebody already said. If you never have a couple of these features, you may never miss them. Get the stuff you really want.
I like the little keypad on the outside of the door. Probably used that more than anything. Never had one before. May be available on the lower trim, no idea.