Anyone have the 801A that regrets not getting the 802A?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t justify the price increase for the 802a for the few features I wanted and the majority that I did not.

I special ordered my 801 and added the 360 camera, bed lighting, torsen front diff, and trailer brake controller.

I would love the have the B&O Stereo, vented seats, NAV, and memory seats, but that’s it.

I have no interest in the ProYuppie Back Up assist, dual zone auto HVAC, or so on. It’s all depends on what you deem critical. Good luck with your search.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No regrets here. Dont need or want the lane keeping/blind spot detection/adaptive cruise. Most of the roads I drive don't have lines painted on them or they are dirt roads, also, Im rarely on the highway. I use android auto so i have nav. The only thing that would have been nice is climate control and the heated wheel, but that's about it.

I have an 801a with the torsen front and moonroof.

Joshua Krueger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 800a with zero regrets. I came from a jeep without a backup camera so this thing is luxury to me haha. Cloth seats dont get hot so no need for cooled seats, and I prefer a physical key over a button. Dont have to worry about the sunroof issues. Mine does have the bigger screen thats all I really cared about. I dont need 360 view because I have mirrors. Ive also offroaded the crap out of this truck and had no issues with missing the front torsen diff, that is something I was worried about. Ill use the savings to add the stuff on I actually care about.

Moridin

Reaction score
I think black mirror caps and door handles might look good.

Agreed. I found the OEM black mirror caps on Ebay for cheap, but the door handles are an entirely different animal and far more involved.

I'm going to go by a local wrap shop and talk to them about the door handles, I honestly don't know if that's something that can be easily done and still look good or not.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I found the OEM black mirror caps on Ebay for cheap, but the door handles are an entirely different animal and far more involved.

I'm going to go by a local wrap shop and talk to them about the door handles, I honestly don't know if that's something that can be easily done and still look good or not.

When good ideas impact reality, this is the type of stuff that falls out. Good to know. Thanks.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"You can't miss what you never had" Shout out to the 800A club!
I don't regret not getting the 802A.
I would have got another 800A SCAB but the tailgate applique was no longer an option on the 800A like it was on my 2017 800A SCAB. So I stepped up to 801A on my 2020 because the tailgate applique was a must have for me. I actually priced out a tailgate shell and an applique and paint. It would have been cheaper than the 801A pkg. but a big PITA to swap the tailgate step and other stuff over and get it painted so I just ordered the 801A.
I miss the cloth seats, but I'll get by without them.
I didn't care for the textured black mirror caps and door handles so I got PTM mirror caps and door handles on my 2017 800A and 2020 801A.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got an 801a with the Torsen and I'm thrilled not to have the 802a. I wouldn't trade straight across. Bunch of crap I don't need waiting to fail. I sure hope that Ford decouples the 37s from the 801a package before I'm ready to upgrade ...

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got an 801a with the Torsen and I'm thrilled not to have the 802a. I wouldn't trade straight across. Bunch of crap I don't need waiting to fail. I sure hope that Ford decouples the 37s from the 801a package before I'm ready to upgrade ...

May take some time. As they want to decouple you from your money first lol

Don’t you still wish for crank windows? Lmao

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
May take some time. As they want to decouple you from your money first lol

Don’t you still wish for crank windows? Lmao

They sure do. But I'm waiting for year three or four of gen 3 and I'll likely be paying invoice ... I'll enjoy watching the beta testers wring out the new gen in the meantime before I jump in.

I stopped buying crank windows when the electric ones became more reliable. But there was quite a time period when electric was available where I did buy manual windows. And manual transmissions. My 2020 is my first truck with an automatic ... and I wish it was a manual. Having a computer "learn" my habits and then shift for me is really annoying. Just connect the engine to the wheels please. The same way every time. I'll take reliable over whizzy every day. Tech for the sake of tech isn't my thing.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They sure do. But I'm waiting for year three or four of gen 3 and I'll likely be paying invoice ... I'll enjoy watching the beta testers wring out the new gen in the meantime before I jump in.

I stopped buying crank windows when the electric ones became more reliable. But there was quite a time period when electric was available where I did buy manual windows. And manual transmissions. My 2020 is my first truck with an automatic ... and I wish it was a manual. Having a computer "learn" my habits and then shift for me is really annoying. Just connect the engine to the wheels please. The same way every time. I'll take reliable over whizzy every day. Tech for the sake of tech isn't my thing.
Get off my lawn!!!