Anyone Experience Back Discomfort in Drivers Seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HK92

Reaction score
Imo the one hands down advantage that Gen 1 has over Gen 2 and 3 is in the seats. The comfort, quality, and durability of them is phenomenal. Honestly one of the most comfortable seats I've ever experienced - inside a car and otherwise. I'm at 120k miles in my Gen 1 right now and my seats are as firm and comfortable as new.

Tbh I never thought the Gen 2 and 3 seats were very sturdy or comfortable. I find myself sliding in them and the foam underneath the leather is very thin imo. From what I've seen they don't seem to hold up well as the truck ages.

Having said that try adjusting your sitting position. They say that a 90 degree angle is ideal. Also adjust the lumbar support so you are sitting upright instead of slouching or sinking into your seat.

FREEZE451

Reaction score
OP.

Have you considered a chiropractor?

Having had a motorcycle crash, and herniated disk myself (nothing compared to some comments here) - and having been adjusted over the years, it sounds like you might have a rib out of place.

I'm not a doctor or chiropractor, but it had helped me.

bruin1md

Reaction score
I think they're very good seats for most drives up to a few hours. Hence, I figured they would be great for even longer drives.
Then I did a 9 hour drive yesterday, broken up in 3 hour increments. I gotta say, I'm not that impressed. The back support is fine, albeit on the firmer side. But my ass was fidgety AF during the drive and it felt tiring to be honest. I'm a pretty in shape 175 lb guy, so hardly a fat ass.
I was pretty disappointed, but I figure a memory foam seat cushion should be a nice inexpensive fix for the next time I do a drive this long.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter