Anyone Experience Back Discomfort in Drivers Seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
not so well. last year had surgery but didnt fix the problem. see the neurosurgeon on the 13th to see if i ned another surgery, which most likely will be the case. i appreciate you checking up on me.
Copy...

not a doctor but - have you tried to massively reduce your inflammation?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Copy...

not a doctor but - have you tried to massively reduce your inflammation?
yeah, epidurals, and anti inflamatory drugs. epidural seemed to work a fair amount so i believe thats a sign to the doc that i do in fact need a back surgery. the anti inflamatory drugs did absolutely nothing. same with physical therapy, nothing.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yeah, epidurals, and anti inflamatory drugs. epidural seemed to work a fair amount so i believe thats a sign to the doc that i do in fact need a back surgery. the anti inflamatory drugs did absolutely nothing. same with physical therapy, nothing.
Natural anti-inflammatories?? I can talk to you outside of this.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had my new truck for a few days now. I have to agree with the OP that the seat isn't the best. (for me at least) I have screws and plates in my spine as well, but the uncomfortable part is the mid back area. The seat isn't wide enough and pressures my rib cage. I don't look forward to travelling with this truck. With all the research Ford supposedly does why would they digress the comfortability of their seats like this. I also find the mirror design isn't as good either. Strike 2.
I sympathize but it would be impossible to make a seat that suits everyone. I’m very picky about seating of all kinds, cars, trucks, couches, desk chairs.

Do you have the Recaros? I had them twice in 2 Gen2s and found them fine. Don’t know if they changed the contours as my Gen3 has the standard leather seat which is also comfortable.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sympathize but it would be impossible to make a seat that suits everyone. I’m very picky about seating of all kinds, cars, trucks, couches, desk chairs.

Do you have the Recaros? I had them twice in 2 Gen2s and found them fine. Don’t know if they changed the contours as my Gen3 has the standard leather seat which is also comfortable.
No to the Recaro seats. Standard black leather. This is the first issue I've had with seats. It's sad, I waited 8 months for this truck to arrive and now with less than 500 miles on it, I can't drive it more than 15 minutes without having severe pain. I've never experienced a seat like this before.
However, I have a serious spinal injury so I'm probably not a good person to listen to in this regard.
If this continues, I'll have no choice but to sell it.

Last edited:

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since everybody are offering unsolicited advice, I went from pretty debilitating back and neck pain to feeling good through three avenues that I was very skeptical of: Avoiding inflammatory foods, yoga and acupuncture. I've wrecked my body and have had around 20 surgeries on my knees, ankles, feet, shoulder, etc so I was trying to avoid a back surgery as best I could. Believe it or not, the above worked for me really well.

Regardless, I certainly hope you find relief. That's what people who haven't experienced chronic pain don't get...it's not about "getting better". All you want is simply relief. Godspeed.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since everybody are offering unsolicited advice, I went from pretty debilitating back and neck pain to feeling good through three avenues that I was very skeptical of: Avoiding inflammatory foods, yoga and acupuncture. I've wrecked my body and have had around 20 surgeries on my knees, ankles, feet, shoulder, etc so I was trying to avoid a back surgery as best I could. Believe it or not, the above worked for me really well.

Regardless, I certainly hope you find relief. That's what people who haven't experienced chronic pain don't get...it's not about "getting better". All you want is simply relief. Godspeed.
thanks for the good wishes. i see the neurosurgeon tomorrow. we will see. this will be my 3rd back surgery if he decides i need it

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I initially found the seats to be stiff and it would give me pain in my lower back, no other truck/car (not even my lightning with racing seats) gave me issues before. I played around with the seat settings for at least two weeks and since then have found a nice setting where it feels really comfortable.

Interesting how it can go from extreme discomfort to comfortable.

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I cured my seat problem. I sold the truck. I look forward to trying out the Recaro seats. If they're better I guess I'll sign up for another 8 month wait.