Anyone else have fragile leather seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
naw...pretty sure i pissed them off. they looked at it for a day, said they had to order parts (window regulator, heated seat element pad, blend door driver side climate control).

they declined the replacement of the leather seat base, said it was normal wear and tear. i asked them for the # to Ford Customer service and called them.

Ford called the dealership and the service manager said the seat was fine. was supposed to hear back from the dealership on tuesday about the parts...i did not. was supposed to hear back from Ford by Weds at the latest about the seat...i did not.

kinda pissed but i know the dealership is giving me the silent treatment cause i called Ford CS.

oh....and they scratched the **** out of my paint when they washed my truck with their nasty ass brushes that they clean 100 cars a day with. i have a note in my service record that says DO NOT wash my truck after service.

Didn't you say where your heated seat element burned out there is slight hold in the leather.?
I wouldn't say your seat cover is cracking or anything I would complain of the related damage from the heated seat element on the pad. The part that failed was the heated element the cause is probably you have a big ass and as a result it burnt a hole in the leather seat pad that could have gone through. In all seriousness the causal part was heated element and if you complain of the burn hole enough it is related damage and shouldn't be any problem in replacing it.

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Didn't you say where your heated seat element burned out there is slight hold in the leather.?
I wouldn't say your seat cover is cracking or anything I would complain of the related damage from the heated seat element on the pad. The part that failed was the heated element the cause is probably you have a big ass and as a result it burnt a hole in the leather seat pad that could have gone through. In all seriousness the causal part was heated element and if you complain of the burn hole enough it is related damage and shouldn't be any problem in replacing it.

i'm gonna bring this up, again. thanks jd!

Conejoracer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first saw a Raptor on the lot, it had about 150 miles on it and the leather was already wrinkled (like a lot of wear) on the left side, as you might see after 30,000 miles.

I've had 2 F250s and haven't seen it yet..

I would have to agree. My 2010 Raptor with 15K, is showing more wear than it should. My 2005 Superduty with 136K, was holding up very well. I can't see the Raptor seats going that distance based on the current amount of wear and miles.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Update: Ford responded to my dealer. They agreed to pay half of the replacement cost of my driver's seat leather ($760) so I would have to pay $380.

I told them I wanted 100% warranty coverage because I felt that paying half would imply that I was somehow responsible for 1) My leather cracking at 35k miles and 2) The heated seat element burning a peanut size hole on the bottom of my leather. I even went as far as to explain to them that I have not abused my leather, I am not overweight, I do not enter/exit my truck more than normal, and I have cared for my leather according to the Owner's Manual.

I called Ford directly after speaking to my dealership and they told me it was not negotiable and would not be given any further consideration. I called the dealership back and told them I was all set and extremely disappointed with the outcome. The service manager said he would get back in contact with Ford. I'm not holding my breath.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, with 6,600 miles on my seat, took it to Ford to get it replaced!

They took pictures and will call me once they have an answer.

It's already cracked and looks like it has 60,000 miles on it.

Will post pics later!

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't ever conditioned my seats in my 2011 and it's stored inside at all times and they look like crap. It's just the shit cheap Pleather they use. I am going to take mine in soon.

Tejas

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Tech called and told me that Ford is replacing the seat cover on my Driver's Side. They come from a third party vendor and will take about a week to get.

(...:favorites13:Here's to hopin' I don't have to have it replaced every 7,000 miles)

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Just had mine replaced for free. Talk about doing a shit job of installing the new one.
Basically installed it half ass. Got home and fixed it all myself, NOW it looks good.
Lazy asses!