DTC B162F anyone else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here are the DTC and the appropriate SSM or TSB

B115E
SSM 51688 2021-2023 F-150 - Inoperative Camera

B15E2

SSM 51776 exhibit a Driver Monitoring Camera Blocked message and/or DTCs B115E:97, B15E1:97 and/or B15E2:97 stored in the driver status monitor camera module (CMR). These DTCs should be disregarded unless it is a DTC with a status byte 8F. Other status bytes should be disregarded as they may be caused by a camera obstruction such as driver position, aftermarket devices or dust on the camera. To clear the DTCs, remove anything obstructing the view of the camera and light emitting diodes (LEDs), place the steering wheel in the center position and close the driver door. Connect Ford Diagnosis and Repair System (FDRS) and clear the DTCs. Turn the ignition off and wait 10 seconds. Turn the ignition on and wait 1 minute. Perform the CMR self-test and reevaluate if DTCs persist.
This one literally states to ignore and clear the DTC.
B162F
SSM 51160 2021-2022 F-150 - DTC B162F:13 Stored In The BCMC
Some 2021-2022 F-150 vehicles may experience diagnostic trouble code (DTC) B162F:13 being stored in the body control module C (BCMC).
This is coded under harsh ride/warnings.
TSB B1330
DC/AC inverter system inoperative
I’m very familiar with the messages and bulletins. What I’m saying is they don’t apply unless there is related customer concern. Highlighted in bold in your quoted message.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Appreciate the help @FordTechOne

I guess this is my first vehicle with this many DTC's stored. It's not a 1-time occurrence. They have popped up almost daily for the past 60 days in the system. I was just looking at getting anything else fixed on the truck before my 3/36 is over.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Appreciate the help @FordTechOne

I guess this is my first vehicle with this many DTC's stored. It's not a 1-time occurrence. They have popped up almost daily for the past 60 days in the system. I was just looking at getting anything else fixed on the truck before my 3/36 is over.
Understood. They will generally continue to appear unless they’re cleared out with a tool.

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not entirely sure what happened with my 162F code but they finally cleared it and it hasn’t come back after half a dozen different people touched it. From what I was told “the instructions weren’t clear enough and the technicians were not finishing the last step.” The last time they fixed it for good they needed to have a field service engineer guide them through it with “updated files.” I have no idea what any of that really meant but that’s what the executive care rep told me 3rd party from the field service engineer.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not entirely sure what happened with my 162F code but they finally cleared it and it hasn’t come back after half a dozen different people touched it. From what I was told “the instructions weren’t clear enough and the technicians were not finishing the last step.” The last time they fixed it for good they needed to have a field service engineer guide them through it with “updated files.” I have no idea what any of that really meant but that’s what the executive care rep told me 3rd party from the field service engineer.
is your rough ride fixed? the update stopped my 162f code from reappearing but i do have to occasionally reset my vdm and redo ride height recal when the truck acts up. ive been told by my dealer they ordered a new vdm at the recommendation of a ford engineer, but they'll only install when a code pops. I havent noticed any new codes as of late, even when my ride gets wonky.

OP
OP
Raptorbert

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is your rough ride fixed? the update stopped my 162f code from reappearing but i do have to occasionally reset my vdm and redo ride height recal when the truck acts up. ive been told by my dealer they ordered a new vdm at the recommendation of a ford engineer, but they'll only install when a code pops. I havent noticed any new codes as of late, even when my ride gets wonky.
I am not sure if I have a rough ride but I would think I’d complain of that if I had it. They did replace my BCMC before finally fixing it with the FSE