Heating/cooling seats issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alar

Reaction score
Hey

Gen1 Raptor from Estonia(EU) here. I have almost 410k kilometers on my truck now and it is winter here. -20C... aaaand my heated seats stopped working. Fuse is fine (no 69 under the hood) and I am out of ideas. SYNC screen shows 2 bars on seat heating and 0 for cooling when I press the button. But nothing happens to the temperature of the seat.

What do you suggest to check now?

Alar

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Is it both seats not heating? Very unusual both seats going out at the same time. I would start with Ohm check at the seat heater connector for an open element.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its likely the heating element. You can find them pretty cheap on ebay. I would buy a new one and plug it in and see if it heats up. If so then you can pull the seat covers and replace them.

OP
OP
Alar

Alar

Reaction score
I can try but...

2 seats, at the same time and cooling is also out? Can it be that simple? The cooling button works on screen. It makes a beep and animation when I press it, but it won't turn on vents in seats either.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
I can try but...

2 seats, at the same time and cooling is also out? Can it be that simple? The cooling button works on screen. It makes a beep and animation when I press it, but it won't turn on vents in seats either.
I think there’s a module that runs the climate system for the seats. Or maybe both did fail at the same time.

Bigt3141

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, I've tried replacing the module and still does the same thing only 2 bars for heat and 0 for cool, I thought it might be from converting to Sync3 but i used ForScan and everything in those settings is correct.

OP
OP
Alar

Alar

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, I've tried replacing the module and still does the same thing only 2 bars for heat and 0 for cool, I thought it might be from converting to Sync3 but i used ForScan and everything in those settings is correct.
My SYNC is unnmodified factory default, so I dont think the issue is in your conversion.