Anyone around Alpharetta GA wanna hit some trails?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m4can2

Reaction score
Just relocated from Texas this week. Noticed there are some trails in the area and was curious if anyone would like to go have some fun and show me around!

360North

Reaction score
I’m just to the NW of you (Cherokee county & Jasper area) about 30-45 mins away, depending on what part of Alpharetta your in.

Don’t have my truck quite yet (White 37)…it’s been sitting at Railyard Depot by ATL airport since Monday AM, just waiting on delivery to dealer any day now (whenever that is)…hoping to take delivery this weekend or next Wed, then taking it to Line-X in Alpharetta for Spray-In Liner & Bedcover installation.

FYI…there’s an off-road park SE of ATL…about 2hrs away, forget the name of it…plus the trails in North GA mountains too.

Once I get my truck, we can try to connect a bit.

Oh & it’s calling for rain this Saturday…if you’re looking to mud it, lol.

Trying to avoid the rain for delivery. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TTYL!

OP
OP
m4can2

m4can2

Reaction score
I’m just to the NW of you (Cherokee county & Jasper area) about 30-45 mins away, depending on what part of Alpharetta your in.

Don’t have my truck quite yet (White 37)…it’s been sitting at Railyard Depot by ATL airport since Monday AM, just waiting on delivery to dealer any day now (whenever that is)…hoping to take delivery this weekend or next Wed, then taking it to Line-X in Alpharetta for Spray-In Liner & Bedcover installation.

FYI…there’s an off-road park SE of ATL…about 2hrs away, forget the name of it…plus the trails in North GA mountains too.

Once I get my truck, we can try to connect a bit.

Oh & it’s calling for rain this Saturday…if you’re looking to mud it, lol.

Trying to avoid the rain for delivery. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TTYL!
Cool man…I’m in Alpharetta until I close on my new house in January, then I’ll be in the Dacula/Hoschton area. Send me a msg when you get your new rig ready to roll!!

jjslat

Reaction score
I moved to Alpharetta about a year ago, where are you seeing trails around here? or do you mean up in the North GA mountains?

RaptorRapture

Reaction score
I'm in the Hoschton area. The off-road park mentioned about is called Durhamtown. I believe one of the Raptor clubs does an event there sometimes, but outside of that, I think it's really more for Jeeps and motocross/ATV type vehicles. I haven't been there yet, but from the research I've done I don't think it has a lot of areas wide enough for a Raptor. I'd give them a call though and see (I've emailed without getting a response, but I've never gotten around to calling). If you decide to go check it out I might be interested in joining you.

That's the problem with most of GA, the trails you find are geared more towards Jeeps and smaller. I've been looking for places since I got my Raptor in April 2020. Got so desperate I drove out to Colorado with my daughter to visit a neighbor that moved out there...

I will admit, I've been too busy to actually go to most of the trails and actually try them, so depending on what type of driving you want to do, you may find some to your liking. I did take the wife and kids up to the mountains a month or two ago to try part of the GA Traverse. It wasn't too bad. Truck fit fine (though single width most of the trail section we did). The section we did was a little technical (mainly ruts from drainage/washout), but I'd say maybe only 2 out of 10 if that. Some camping spots along the way as well.

There's a website and info about the trail if you want to look into it. Runs from SC to AL, dipping into NC and TN (and GA obviously) along the way. They say it takes 36 hours to drive the whole thing. Lots of service roads and such make up the "trail". Very scenic up there though. Definitely worth checking out this time of year.

Now, if you want to go fast, we have tons of "trails" that have a hard surface and even painted lines so you don't veer off the path, but most are limited to 70mph...

Let me know if you find any good places though, because my desperation has driven me (literally) to drive around looking for construction sites... They build a lot of huge warehouses out this was (think Amazon distribution, etc) so I sometimes can scratch the itch a little.

Anyway, last word of advice, red clay is a sumbi@#% to clean off your truck, so best advice is get to it before it dries.

Welcome to GA!

OP
OP
m4can2

m4can2

Reaction score
I'm in the Hoschton area. The off-road park mentioned about is called Durhamtown. I believe one of the Raptor clubs does an event there sometimes, but outside of that, I think it's really more for Jeeps and motocross/ATV type vehicles. I haven't been there yet, but from the research I've done I don't think it has a lot of areas wide enough for a Raptor. I'd give them a call though and see (I've emailed without getting a response, but I've never gotten around to calling). If you decide to go check it out I might be interested in joining you.

That's the problem with most of GA, the trails you find are geared more towards Jeeps and smaller. I've been looking for places since I got my Raptor in April 2020. Got so desperate I drove out to Colorado with my daughter to visit a neighbor that moved out there...

I will admit, I've been too busy to actually go to most of the trails and actually try them, so depending on what type of driving you want to do, you may find some to your liking. I did take the wife and kids up to the mountains a month or two ago to try part of the GA Traverse. It wasn't too bad. Truck fit fine (though single width most of the trail section we did). The section we did was a little technical (mainly ruts from drainage/washout), but I'd say maybe only 2 out of 10 if that. Some camping spots along the way as well.

There's a website and info about the trail if you want to look into it. Runs from SC to AL, dipping into NC and TN (and GA obviously) along the way. They say it takes 36 hours to drive the whole thing. Lots of service roads and such make up the "trail". Very scenic up there though. Definitely worth checking out this time of year.

Now, if you want to go fast, we have tons of "trails" that have a hard surface and even painted lines so you don't veer off the path, but most are limited to 70mph...

Let me know if you find any good places though, because my desperation has driven me (literally) to drive around looking for construction sites... They build a lot of huge warehouses out this was (think Amazon distribution, etc) so I sometimes can scratch the itch a little.

Anyway, last word of advice, red clay is a sumbi@#% to clean off your truck, so best advice is get to it before it dries.

Welcome to GA!
Solid info man, thanks! Once we get settled in our new home, which is also in Hoschton, I will start searching for some spots to get dirty. We’ll have to link up sometime!

zhengyucoo

Reaction score
Been to Durham town few times. If you want to enjoy all the trails, you better off with a smaller rig like an atv.

Tray mountain road near Helen is an easy wide trail if you happen to visit Helen.