anybody running Mickey Thompson MTZ tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trxhonda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any one was running the Mickey Thompson Baja radial MTZ tires and what they thought of them on and off road and wear. I'm looking for new rims and tires still undecided on rims wanting 20" though, had mind set on Toyo 35x12.5x20 MT tires but place looking at rims don't offer them and working me a good package prices on these. Thanks Mike

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
I had MTZs on my Ranger. They wore pretty well for me, but I was very good about rotating them every 5,000 miles. I had about 20,000 miles on them when I sold the truck. They will definitely be louder, but not nearly as loud as some of the old school mud terrain patterns. I thought they did pretty well off-road. They are not as good in the mud as some of the other tires out there, however.
^^He has ATZs, not MTZs

Badgerscab6.2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do, I do, I do. original owner had them put on within 50 miles of having the truck. Its a 2011 and still got lots of meat on them. Its my DD and weekend toy so tires see lot of miles. Probably wont go with them again, cuz Im not a huge fan of mud tires. But its better than forkin 1500-2000 for new tires at the moment. Also run on a 20in wheel 35x12.5x20R

Got a few pics in this thread I put up
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f11/weekend-projects-done-14116/

OP
OP
trxhonda

trxhonda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I am wanting new rims and tires so bad but having hard time deciding and pulling the trigger , I know once I do i'll find something different and kick my self in the rear.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't help u much but I was on a GM truck forum before here and lots of guys ran them and loved them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2