GEN 2 Any Raptors ICEing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A much more educational lesson would be to take bolt cutter to the power supply running to the charging station & hook up a massively Cummins diesel generator to them instead.

MAybe then the lemmings would understand that electric cars are a fraud on the public. I’m in the recycling biz- firstoff, the lithium ion batteries powering electric cars aren’t recyclable (lead acid batteries are 100% recyclable) & a good chunk of the rare earth elements in them are in finite supply.

Currently the majority of the power in our national grid is generated from non-renewable and/or fossil fuels. Also- at this point nobody has any clue what would happen if EVERY single household hypothetically was charging 1-2 cars overnight- where’s that extra power coming from? More fossil fuel? Incineration plants?

Consider that, take away the ridiculous tax credit/subsidy from a non-recyclable fossil fuel sucking fraudmobile & what you have is a ******* parlor trick. Oh- & call me when you can charge one of these things in under 30 mins (which in our seemingly constantly accelerating pace of improvement seems like a huge waste of time).

The most blatant case of “cart before the horse” I’ve ever seen. It ain’t ELons fault, hes just making $$$$- now, his solar tile roof shingles?!!!? That’s going in the right direction. MAke the grid green first, update our roads/infrastructure, And then and only then start telling me about how great EVs are

OP
OP
ddpt

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A much more educational lesson would be to take bolt cutter to the power supply running to the charging station & hook up a massively Cummins diesel generator to them instead.

MAybe then the lemmings would understand that electric cars are a fraud on the public. I’m in the recycling biz- firstoff, the lithium ion batteries powering electric cars aren’t recyclable (lead acid batteries are 100% recyclable) & a good chunk of the rare earth elements in them are in finite supply.

Currently the majority of the power in our national grid is generated from non-renewable and/or fossil fuels. Also- at this point nobody has any clue what would happen if EVERY single household hypothetically was charging 1-2 cars overnight- where’s that extra power coming from? More fossil fuel? Incineration plants?

Consider that, take away the ridiculous tax credit/subsidy from a non-recyclable fossil fuel sucking fraudmobile & what you have is a ******* parlor trick. Oh- & call me when you can charge one of these things in under 30 mins (which in our seemingly constantly accelerating pace of improvement seems like a huge waste of time).

The most blatant case of “cart before the horse” I’ve ever seen. It ain’t ELons fault, hes just making $$$$- now, his solar tile roof shingles?!!!? That’s going in the right direction. MAke the grid green first, update our roads/infrastructure, And then and only then start telling me about how great EVs are
https://auto.howstuffworks.com/can-electric-car-batteries-be-recycled.htm

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made the news last year that in Texas electricity produced from coal was under the 50% mark for the first time ever. But that doesn't mean that wind/solar are at 50%, there are other fossil fuels being used plus we have a few nukes running. Texas is #1 (of all states) in total energy production, in oil, natural gas and total electricity, but 6th place in coal.

While that is true, it is also true that coal is still the #1 single source. So all the EV owners who claim they are "zero emissions" (even seen that on some cars) are liars. The electric motor itself releases emissions, but the bottom line is every Tesla/Leaf/Volt sold in America is a coal-powered-car, at least predominately.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If, a big if, we could get the granola bar, tree hugging, hippies to understand (not likely) that nuclear is the way to go for clean energy.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shaved Ice

Reaction score
Last edited: