Any News on the release of BlueCruise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to be honest, I hadn't really paid much attention to it until I submitted my order and now I am excited to play with the features. Look forward to teaching my water bottles to drive. ;)

signalbobby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I picked up Gen 3 last Tuesday and it is activated It way better than the old system. Almost Tesla like
Gen 2 was absolute garbage. Gen 3 is better but not even close to my Tesla. It's crude and static. Even my cousins Cadillac super cruise is super cheesy and cannot see in low light early morning or early evening.

Reaction score
I’ve been wondering about this too. I got the notification the day I drove off the lot on Ford pass.. but it would make sense they’re still gonna charge $600 for us to use it.. nothing is free..

Either way, I’m super happy withy the lane centering and acc. First for me too and I’m blown away by it.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive on the Indiana toll road every day to and from work. I have noticed that when I get to some sort of exit, the truck will pull right and then the lane centering cancels. When I am passing semi's, I also notice the truck will want to pull closer to the center line, even though I have plenty of room on the left/driver side line. If I try to pull to the left to get away from the semi, I am fighting the steering wheel to pull left. I don't like this tension that is constantly on the wheel. Even when the truck is centered in the lane and I get the two hands on the wheel warning, there is still constant tension on the wheel when I give the wheel the tug. I am still looking forward to the Blue Cruise though.

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive on the Indiana toll road every day to and from work. I have noticed that when I get to some sort of exit, the truck will pull right and then the lane centering cancels. When I am passing semi's, I also notice the truck will want to pull closer to the center line, even though I have plenty of room on the left/driver side line. If I try to pull to the left to get away from the semi, I am fighting the steering wheel to pull left. I don't like this tension that is constantly on the wheel. Even when the truck is centered in the lane and I get the two hands on the wheel warning, there is still constant tension on the wheel when I give the wheel the tug. I am still looking forward to the Blue Cruise though.
The reason that lane centering assist causes the truck to pull to the right at the exit, then cancel is that it is using the white lines on the left and right to center the vehicle. When the white line on the right side diverges for an exit, it confuses the truck, and the lane centering cancels as it cannot determine if it is still in a lane without two white lines at an expected distance from each other.

This will need to be overcome with BlueCruise and is one of the main differences between Level 2 automation and adaptive cruise control with lane centering assist which is what we have today.

Humberto80

Reaction score
I think we’re all getting that FordPass message. And I can definitely attest during my drive home, my screen looked nothing like what birdieman posted above when I engaged Lane Keep & ACC. Had to keep tugging the wheel every so often as others have posted. True Blue Cruise should eliminate all of that.

As for your MPG problem…lay off the gas pedal. Lol I’m getting 16.

I’m up to 12.5 mpg. It’s just so much fun. LOL.

doberman

Reaction score
Gen 2 was absolute garbage. Gen 3 is better but not even close to my Tesla. It's crude and static. Even my cousins Cadillac super cruise is super cheesy and cannot see in low light early morning or early evening.
Bluecruise is not out yet. Did you drive a demo of it? Or are you just referring to adaptive cruise control with lane centering? If so, that's not Bluecruise.

jjslat

Reaction score
Bluecruise is not out yet. Did you drive a demo of it? Or are you just referring to adaptive cruise control with lane centering? If so, that's not Bluecruise.
Bluecruise has been included in some recently delivered F150's, to my knowledge the software update the rest of us are waiting on will not be released this year.