Any Mustang Bullitt Owners?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am considering picking up a new 2019 Mustang Bullitt for a weekend/airport car. I do not plan to track it or race it at the strip, so the GT 350/500 are probably too much muscle and ride harshness for my requirements. I was a fan of the movie, but that is not my only reason for buying the car. As we approach the end of the 2019MY, the prices are dropping dramatically ($7K under MSRP at a dealer near me) and there are 100+ sitting on dealer lots within 100 miles of my house. (More than half of them are optioned exactly as I would order one) I will use the glut of cars to squeeze the best deal out of the dealers by cross-shopping several of them at once over email.

For those who are not familiar with the packaging, it is a Mustang GT Premium Fastback 6-speed with the Performance Package 1, active exhaust and optional Magneride suspension. For essentially the same price as a similarly equipped GT, it has a few unique components to add 20 more HP and a distinctly retro look. The retro look comes from the chrome surround trim on the windows and front grille, the Bullitt-style wheels, the PP1 spoiler-delete and the Dark Highland Green paint. I will forgo the firmer Recaro seats for the more comfortable stock Bullitt seats which are heated/cooled and have power adjustments. While I am not a fan of chrome on my cars or trucks, I think I can live with it on this car for the look.

After test driving a couple of them this weekend, I KNOW it will satisfy my inner desire for an awesome sounding V8 with the active exhaust coupled with the high-revving Coyote engine!! :cool: It sounds almost exactly like the car in the movie, even though the sound track was not based on the 390ci engine from the 1968 car. It rides very nicely on the highway and firms up beautifully through the twisties with the constantly changing Magneride suspension. I have not driven a Mustang in a long time and I was very impressed.

However, I will continue to use the Raptor for this type of driving: ;)

Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 12.41.45 PM.png

If anyone else has taken the plunge on a new Bullitt, let me know if you think it was worth it or if there is another option for a fun weekend car I can also leave at the airport when I am out of town.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cool looking cars, always liked the Bullitt's. But I'd have to wrap that chrome trim in gloss black vinyl. LOVE the color. Only concern for me would be resale value.

Personally, I'd go for a pre-owned 2018-19 GT350 since those have Magneride in the Track Pack, but also have the Tech pack. Just my 2 cents.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would not get a Bullet, but a Mustang GT Power Pack 2 car. Basically the same as a bullet, but less the $7k mark up for green paint and some badges.

I had a 2015 GT, and it was a blast.

25619180053_e795bd57b0_c.jpg

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would not get a Bullet, but a Mustang GT Power Pack 2 car. Basically the same as a bullet, but less the $7k mark up for green paint and some badges.

The $7K markup is a mistake parroted by MANY reviewers who were not aware of the base features included with the Bullitt. Or, they were aware and chose to ignore them. An identically optioned 2019 GT Premium Plus Fastback with PP1 and Active Exhaust is only $150 less than a similarly equipped Bullitt.

Comparable GT = $47,540 w/ PP1, Premium Plus, Active Exhaust
Bulllitt = $47,690 (Base)

For an extra $150, I get the Bullitt color, badges and wheels.

Discounts between the two are about the same this time of year, but there are a LOT more 2019 Bullitts sitting on dealer lots than GT Premiums with PP1 or PP2 options.

The GT with PP2 sounds more like a poor man's GT 350 with several options not available on the Bullitt. It has the wider wheels, wider Pilot Sport Cup 2 sticky summer tires, larger radiator, track inspired chassis, stability control, EPAS and ABS tuning, track inspired springs and sway bars. It is missing the 5.2 liter engine and Tremec 6-speed transmission from the GT350. If I really wanted a harsh-riding track car, I would get the GT 350... :cool:

With that said, I may need to drive a GT with PP2 to make sure you are not onto something... ;)

EDIT: I just did a quick pricing on a similarly equipped GT Fastback Premium Plus with PP2 and active exhaust: $50,045

Last edited:

Dvidal

Reaction score
COOL
g.png

New Nick at JDM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those cars are friggin cool!
We custom tuned a black 2019 bullitt here over the summer and it was a riot.
The rev matching feature is somehow built into the torque management on these cars.
If you tune the rev match feature out, that car flies!
We changed the air filter for the customer to a green one for obvious reasons, but overall it was a riot in the street.
If you did a JLT CAI and a tune, you'd be nipping at the heels of a GT350 power wise.
If you just want to go fast, get a 2018+ 5.0 Automatic.
You are a Supercharger, axles, and radials from low 10's and high 9's with the automatic 2018+ GT's.
Same trans as the Gen 2 Raptor, but people are flogging the snot out of them in the mustangs.
There is already aftermarket stronger internals and TT kits to go 8's and be road legal.
black bullitt 2.jpg black bullitt.jpg bullitt 3.jpg

GT MAN

Reaction score
I would get a GT 350. I have one and it's rides nice in Normal mode . It will also hold it value better. And besides it's a bad ass car and the sound of the flat plane crank is F ing amazing. I also have a 2018 Raptor.

01Moch1

Reaction score
I had a 15 GT premium with performance pack and loved it. Wish I still had the car. all that said, I know this may be sacrilege on this forum, but have you looked at how inexpensively you can get a new C7 these days?!